Panasonic TX32LXD52 Dog B******S

waaaaaiiiiiit a minute - so i can buy the 52 and get pc connectivity by using dvi to hdmi?

this is getting really hard now

the decision i mean

I am very keen on the Panny 52 (32") and if it deals with the football really well on 'Free View' on Saturday it will definitely be my number one choice.

If I purchase the set I will only use it to view Sky digital and a DVD Recorder - probably Panny DMRES10 - so, in order that I can maximize picture quality etc., what would be the ideal leads to use and the ports in which they should be placed in respect of both products?

You cannot be too basic for me.

Goob said:
These are the resolutions I get with my Powerbook and DVI to HDMI to the 52....

Do all of them work and are they stretched to full screen or 1:1 pixel mapped?

Does the HDMI connection allow only TV resolutions or PC & TV resolutions?

Eiji83 said:
Do all of them work and are they stretched to full screen or 1:1 pixel mapped?

Does the HDMI connection allow only TV resolutions or PC & TV resolutions?

Supported Resolution on TX32LXD500 (All the settings that are supported on HDMI will work on TX32LXD52 but the pc resolution wont work):

untitled5py.jpg

Hi

I may have missed this but just out of curiosity does any one know what the screen response time is, for the Panasonic TX32LXD52.

Cheers

Jamie

14ms response time for the TX32LXD52. and TX32LXD500.

and a cracking lcd it is too

well my set is in the bedroom and i havent got sky there but the rugby on the weekend looked great and the sky sports news channel looks fine too.

MrFurious said:
well my set is in the bedroom and i havent got sky there but the rugby on the weekend looked great and the sky sports news channel looks fine too.

the picture is so good that you could see that new zealand passed the ball forward :devil:

This forum has convinced me that the TX32LXD52 is the way forward and I cannot wait for its delivery. I was wondering if this set is wall mountable on a pivot bracket, as I have been into a couple of the high street shops only to be issued with conflicting advice. It needs to be on a pivot bracket as mounting direct to the wall would leave only half the room being able to view it!!

I have found a bracket, by accident on one website for LCDs and Plasmas (37" - 60") so assume it must be possible?? If so does anyone know of where I can get one? :lease:

Hi

I may have missed this but just out of curiosity does any one know what the screen response time is, for the Panasonic TX32LXD52.

The actual panel itself at least for the 52 is a Samsung panel rated at 8ms, although Panasonic quote higher than this, maybe they are using a more real world measurement or the panel in the 52 got upgraded to 8ms after the original spec.

Regards

Phil

RyanK said:
the picture is so good that you could see that new zealand passed the ball forward :devil:

Would you discuss your Panasonic DMRES10 Multiregion DVD Recorder a little as I will probably be buying the Panny 52 and was thinking of getting this recorder to go with it, but if I do that I have some doubts as to whether I will get the best out of the HDMI facility.

If your DVD serves you well and you recommend it, would you explain your setup i.e. which leads go to where, bearing in mind that I will only be using TV, Sky satellite and DVD ( Panasonic DMRES10 Multiregion DVD Recorder?) with no extras, whatsoever. I definitely need Video Plus.

OK

I have my DMRES10 set to NTSC. This way PAL DVD`s are output as PAL and NTSC are output as NTSC. IF you set your DVD to PAL it will output NTSC as PAL60.

My DVD is connected to my amplifier by component cable and optical lead. I then run a compoent cable from my amp to my Panny 52. I have progressive scan set to on.

I don`t use video plus so can`t comment. I only use the recorder facilty to back up music videos from my SKY+.

I find that the picture is AWESOME.

My settings are

Cinema
Contrast 100
Brightness 50
Colour 45ish
Sharpness 48ish
Tint 50 (NTSC ONLY)
Colour Balance COOL
Colour Management ON
MPEG NR OFF

I got these settings by using the THX setup facility on mr R! Criterion realease of The Rock.

I am saving my HDMI for SKYHD.

does anyone watch Five`s Law & Order? If you do next time you watch it look at the window grills in the interogation room. On my set they seem to move, anyone else noticed this?

Just rec'd my tx26lxd52 Today and I'm gobsmacked! :clap:

It looked good in a shop, but properly set up at home it's awesome. Haven't finished fiddling yet but there looks to be a setting for everything. I keep dropping off and not saving setups but maybe I should RTFM!

My RF feed is 3rd hand via a twin tuner PVR and still it gives a good quality on all mux's.

I didn't realise this set came with a CAM slot - does it work?

I'm using RGB sources at present and just can't believe it'll get better with HD.

:thumbsup:

welcome to the Panny 52 club.

DVD via component is ******* brilliant

As to the Cam slot i don`t know if it works and nor am i gonna fudge around with it either as i don`t need it.

Thanks a lot for all that information Ryan. Most helpful and hopefully I can eventually obtain similar, very pleasing, results like you have achieved.

bit of a stupid question this, but does component only carry video

if so, how do you get sound from your DVD player to the TV if you dont have a seperate sound system ?

im going for the 500 btw. It also does Picture In Picture. So you can have a seperate smaller window of something else. Ie play Xbox 360 but have the TV in the corner, or split the 2 screen equally between each other. That and the fact i want the PC input means the 500 is the one for me.

I don't know if ths display allows it so it is worth asking, but some PIP's only allow certain inputs to be PIP'd - they do not PIP component or any HD inputs which may rule out what you wish to achieve. Worth checking it out yourself before hand and don't take some sales reps word for it.

would buy the 52 in a flash if only it had the HDMI connection. no need for any of the other features for the 500 but that is pretty much needed for a telly that will have to last me 5 years

would buy the 52 in a flash if only it had the HDMI connection. no need for any of the other features for the 500 but that is pretty much needed for a telly that will have to last me 5 years

IT DOES!!!!

I think the previous model lacked one, the 52 definately has HDMI though.

MrLol,
Component only carries video. For the audio bit simply connect a (good quality) twin phono lead between the Audio Out sockets of your DVD and the Audio Ins on the back of your telly.

kidloco46 said:

Are you not thinking of the TX32LXD50? Looks exactly like the 52 but with no HDMI.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom