Panasonic TX32LXD500 vs TX32LXD52

E

elkabyle

what's the main differences between the two sets?
no SD card slot I've read. What else? the difference in price is quite big for a memory slot.

ok, since nobody replied, I'll auto-reply. hehehe...

After looking into the specs, I found out the following missing features in the lxd52:
- no memory slot
- sound seems to be less good (no Smart Sound Speaker System)
- no PIP/PIP/PAP
That's pretty much it.

I'm not sure if the lxd52 has a HDMI port. Would be interesting to check... anybody?

Based on those differences, I will probably buythe lxd52. The 400 pounds extra for the lxd500 is not justified in my opinion.

- I like the idea of having a memory card reader, and especially the ability to record directly onto SD card. What I don't like is the recording in 320x240. Useless !!! Even my Archos AV400 records in 640x480 (by the way, I could in theory record directly from the Tv with my Archos, since there is an integrated tuner in the Panny... right?).
- The better sound on the lxd500 is not a big factor for me.
- PIP/POP/PAP features are more of a gadget. Never used it in the past.

If anyone has views on my comments, please feel free to argue. I'd love to hear from lxd52 owners.

I've just bought the 52 as an alternative to the 500 and am very happy with it.

Exactly the same picture as the 500 and the sound is pretty awsome too and as I will be using it with my surround system for DVD so that wasn't too important for me.

It does have an HDMI port by the way.

I posted the full spec in a previous post.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248163

drbober said:
I've just bought the 52 as an alternative to the 500 and am very happy with it.

Exactly the same picture as the 500 and the sound is pretty awsome too and as I will be using it with my surround system for DVD so that wasn't too important for me.

It does have an HDMI port by the way.

I posted the full spec in a previous post.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248163

i understood that the 52 was the 50 with an HDMI input and that the 50`s picture wasn`t as good as the 500`s

RyanK said:
i understood that the 52 was the 50 with an HDMI input and that the 50`s picture wasn`t as good as the 500`s

In what sense is the picture on the 500 better than the 52?

RyanK said:

Ryan...do you have any evidence to back this up? I ordered the 500 from Curry's suprise, suprise, got an email this morning saying my order had been cancelled due to no stock :( Gutted...

anyway, the Samsung or the 32lxd52 may be back on, so interested in why you say the 52/50 picture isn't as good as the 500.

Can anyone substantiate this?

Cheers...Dave

isn't it exactly the same panel, but fewer knobs and whistles

samhain said:
isn't it exactly the same panel, but fewer knobs and whistles

If you look at the Panny weviste it is the same 'v' series panel. In theory there could be different processing going on in the background, but I'd be surprised.

When looking around to buy an LCD, a local Panasonic shop had the 500 & 52 series next to each other.

After giving each screen the exact same settings, my opinion was that the 500 series produced a slightly better image, not a great deal in it but a subtle difference. The guy in the Panasonic shop said that the 500 series had better picture circuitry, though i am not sure if thats the case.

When looking around to buy an LCD, a local Panasonic shop had the 500 & 52 series next to each other.

After giving each screen the exact same settings, my opinion was that the 500 series produced a slightly better image, not a great deal in it but a subtle difference. The guy in the Panasonic shop said that the 500 series had better picture circuitry, though i am not sure if thats the case.

DaveAnderson said:
Ryan...do you have any evidence to back this up? I ordered the 500 from Curry's suprise, suprise, got an email this morning saying my order had been cancelled due to no stock :( Gutted...

anyway, the Samsung or the 32lxd52 may be back on, so interested in why you say the 52/50 picture isn't as good as the 500.

Can anyone substantiate this?

Cheers...Dave

Last night i e-mailed Panasonic to ask them this question.

Dear Panasonic, i have been looking to buy the TX32LXD500 but have noticed
your
new TX32LXD52. From what i can make out, the TX32LXD52 is the same apart
from
no memory slot,no Smart Sound Speaker System
and no PIP/PIP/PAP.

Apart from this do both screens have exactly the same specifications when
it
come to picture/screen processing?

And they replied with

In response, I would explain that the 500 has the top of the rang screen,
the 52 screen is not to the same specification. Please use this link to
comparethe to models.

So its the 500 all the way for me

RyanK said:
Last night i e-mailed Panasonic to ask them this question.

Dear Panasonic, i have been looking to buy the TX32LXD500 but have noticed
your
new TX32LXD52. From what i can make out, the TX32LXD52 is the same apart
from
no memory slot,no Smart Sound Speaker System
and no PIP/PIP/PAP.

Apart from this do both screens have exactly the same specifications when
it
come to picture/screen processing?

And they replied with

In response, I would explain that the 500 has the top of the rang screen,
the 52 screen is not to the same specification. Please use this link to
comparethe to models.

So its the 500 all the way for me

Dear builder, I'm thinking of just getting my roof pointed for £50 or you could put me a whole new roof on for £10,000. Which is better?

Dear British Gas, should I service my boiler for £200 or should I let you put a new one in for £2,000?

Dear Panasonic......

Do the 52 and 500 have the same contrast ratios and response times?

I've been looking at these two and every time I've seen them set up together the 500 has looked noticably better. Even just standing and casually viewing I've been able to see the 500 is superior without really looking too hard.

Personally I think the 500 looks a hell of a lot better and the extra features are worth the slight rise in price. Come the end of the month it'll be a 500 for me.

will206 said:
I've been looking at these two and every time I've seen them set up together the 500 has looked noticably better. Even just standing and casually viewing I've been able to see the 500 is superior without really looking too hard.

Personally I think the 500 looks a hell of a lot better and the extra features are worth the slight rise in price. Come the end of the month it'll be a 500 for me.

if you can find one in stock.

i`ve been trying to buy one from currys. no bloody stock :mad:

The Currys deal is pretty damn good I have to admit, luckily I won't be having any problem sourcing one of these, just got to wait until payday now.

will206 said:
The Currys deal is pretty damn good I have to admit, luckily I won't be having any problem sourcing one of these, just got to wait until payday now.

where are you buying from?

will206 said:

Currys have a habit of marking down prices whilst they are out stock! It will be interesting to see the price when it comes back in stock :rolleyes:

scrapbook said:
Currys have a habit of marking down prices whilst they are out stock! It will be interesting to see the price when it comes back in stock :rolleyes:

Currys is now quoting a web price of £1427 for D500. I remember seeing £1327.

soe said:
Currys is now quoting a web price of £1427 for D500. I remember seeing £1327.

Unbelievable...just when I decided I actually prefer the styling of the 500 over the 52. But even with the £100 off, that puts its £300 over the cheapest price for the 52. Currys might just have made my mind up for me!

If only they hadn't cancelled my order lol

Dave

It went up by £100 and how much discount does that code give you?...ah, looks like they've cottoned on :(

bloody brilliant

get everyone a hooker with a low price and even lower stock then hike up the price.

Gone up by a fair amount then, whats the best prices you guys have seen around? Only a few weeks until I'm buying one now.

will206 said:
Gone up by a fair amount then, whats the best prices you guys have seen around? Only a few weeks until I'm buying one now.

I have not yet found a price below £1400 including delivery. I searched using www.savax.co.uk instead of Pricerunner and the lowest was £1419 (hardly any difference). I might have to go for D52 if a PC can be connected to it using a DVI to HDMI lead or sit tight and wait for the prices to come down.

I nearly bought the Panasonic 500 for 1799 today a deal where I pay £40 a week in one year meaning I pay the whole sum off with £160 deposit 0% intrest.
However I live with parents and I am 30 dont save mum and my mum thinks I should save for the future etc so have to convince her first otherwise I have her nagging at me non stop and worrying about me having to pay the amount each week even though my bills work out £30 a month.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom