1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32LXD500 - PC Connection Quality?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by TheBigK, Jul 19, 2005.

1. TheBigK

TheBigK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any with a Panasonic TX32LXD500 hooked up 2 a PC care 2 share the experience. Looking to buy this unit and want to use it 2 display animated maya renders(hi-def).

Cheers

2. MilesR

MilesR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I plugged my laptop into it via the VGA port. Got 1024x768 resolution which looked pretty good.
    However, in "WIDE" mode it says it can handle 1366x768 but my laptop's graphics card doesn't support that resolution...and it's a bit of a hassle unplugging my main PC to try that (it has an ATI 9800 Pro card which should handle that res).

Unfortunately it doesn't have a DVI input which would have been nicer to test out.

3. TheBigK

TheBigK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. MilesR

MilesR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is that HDMI->DVI or DVI->HDMI (or both?)

Pretty expensive cable as well...although I suppose it is 10m long

The DVI->HDMI connection would give you best quality as the digital signal would not be converted to analogue at any point therefore, no loss of quality

5. TheBigK

TheBigK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks MilesR

Would anyone be able to tell me if I will be able to view HiDef content through the Panasonic via VGA or will I have to use DVI - HDMI?

Thanks

6. kgreene

kgreene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got this screen working with 1366X768 from a PC - I'm looking for a 32inch LCD for my media center PC which can output at 1366X768.

Hi TheBigK - For HD you would need HDMI/DVI. VGA won't support HD.

7. benwong

benwong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If by HiDef content, you mean files on the PC, then the VGA port will suffice (as long as you can get a resolution of 1280x720 or above). This will provide all the pixels you need, but will not be as pin sharp as over DVI/HDMI.

If on the other hand you're refering to the HD Sky broadcasts of the future then the short answer is no.

Ben

8. TheBigK

TheBigK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks all... I now understand.

Shame they did not include a DVI or 2x HDMI with this unit.

9. MilesR

MilesR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I imagine HDMI switching units will become available (eventually), since there are tons of screens with the same issue. But until HDMI is in the mainstream a la Scart...then it won't be cheap.

10. benwong

benwong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or you could buy a Hitachi 32LD7200 which has both a DVI port and an HDMI port! ;)

I know.. I'm biased!

Ben

11. spinaltap

spinaltap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +381
  12. TheBigK

TheBigK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If like you say I can still get HiDef running at 1280x720+ via the D-Sub then Im a happy bunny :thumbsup:

When you say it will not as pin sharp should I expect a notable difference?

+ thanks spinaltap for the switcher info :)

13. razzzandy

razzzandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I have the TX32LXD500 LCD TV plugged into my PC and my flabber as never been so gasted! The picture is amazingly good through the VGA input. Over the weekend I’ve been downloading HD trailers from Windowsmedia.com and I can confirm the picture again is amazing but I can only imagine the HD input with true recorded HD content would be even better. Well to be honest I live down the street from a shop called sound and vision and they are tuned into a German example loop HD broadcast which looks absolutely amazing on this TV. It’s this which set my hart on this TV.

So in short yes the VGA input is brilliant for HD content, PC content, and like I run Windows Media!

P.S. Just changing the subject slightly has any of you owning the same TV used the SD card to record TV programmes yet? If you have, what do you think about the lack of picture resizing/zooming? Why Panasonic didn’t provide this function God only knows!

Cheers

14. dacco

dacco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yes I have,not very good(gives me a headache)but just about watchable I guess. Oh, and dont forget to set the frame size to large(even worst headache) so the image fills the screen-To access press the menu button again when in mpeg view and select framesize.:DI think this is what you mean by resizing/zooming-in:thumbsup:

15. ajeffries

ajeffries
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My TX32LXD500 is connected via a 5M VGA cable to an NVidia 6600 card and it is fantastic quality! I've played HD Terminator 2 on it and also some HD trailers, all fantastic quality. Also played Call of Duty 2 and Half life 2 on this screen in full resolution and again astounded by the colour quality and sharpness.
    Hope this helps...

16. jaymajik

jaymajik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right guys, I need help.

I have a LXD500 and have it connected to my Advent DHE 2000 HTPC. I have been trying both the VGA-VGA and DVI-HDMI connections to try to get the best picture. I have been using Powerstrip.

I have not yet managed to get it perfect (best resolution so far is 1100ish x 600ish via DVI), and want to try this method vis the VGA connection: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285475&highlight=lxd500.

The problem is that when I switch connections to the VGA-VGA connection, the TV says "no Signal". I have tried connecting from the VGA socket on the PC to a standard TFT monitor, and this also says "No Signal", and says "Max 1024 x 768 (or whatever the last number is!)". To try to fix this I have then booted up the PC connected to the TV via DVI-HDMI, changed the resolution to below that "max" level, but that has not helped: when i boot up again with the TV or monitor connected by VGA, I still get the "no signal" message.

I suspect that, while fiddling with the graphics settings when connected by DVi-HDMI I have changed something which means the TV can't accept the signal via VGA (I should say that, when I first got the set, the display worked when connected to the PC via VGA, although the picture was not perfect).

Any ideas what I should change? How can I get the VGA connection up and running again?

Thanks in advance...