1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32LXD500 owners appeal for help!!!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by stridley, Oct 18, 2005.

1. stridley

stridley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all,

Hoping that you guys can help me with what's maybe a problem problem with my Panny... I've had my 32LXD500 for just over 3 weeks now and am impressed. Cracking set with great picture :thumbsup: but.(there's always a but!)...I have noticed what I think could be a problem. When watching very light moving images such as football there is a feint shadow running in a vertical strip from top to bottom of the screen almost exactly half way across. It's about 3 inches wide! During normal viewing it's barely noticeable but it can be seen during football and also on a (light) black background.

I can re-create clearly this by switching to PC/HDMI mode with a blank screen and turning the brightness up to 3/4 to full.

Looking to work out if this is something common to this TV (it's strange as it's almost dead centre) or if I have a fault which i need to sort before the 30 days is up. I've tried changing Aerial/ Scart cables etc but it happens even without any connections.

I'm relying on the assistance of forum members with this and hoping that you guys could carry out a quick test (turning up brightness to full on PC input with blank screen) and tell me if you have this issue?

As I said I'm really pleased with the set and would'nt want to return if this was not a genuine problembut if it is something that needs sorting then it would be good to know.

Many thanks for your help.... :)

2. stridley

stridley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    where have all the LXD500 owners gone? :)

3. tony 69

tony 69
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my 32LXD500 for about 3 weeks, I have noticed slight vertical banding when watching the football mainly on the long shots lots of green in the picture, I have put this down to poor picture/camera and NTL.
    I have tried your test and can not detect a vertical line in the center of the screen although you can see slight variation light and dark vertical shades across the screen.
    Read some of the information on PV500 plasmas vertical banding..
    I think that most LCD/Plasma screens have this to a varying degree.

4. stridley

stridley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for your response will take a look at other posts

Are other LXD500 users seeing this too?

5. stridley

stridley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

Any other's seeing this?

The help is appreciated, Cheers

6. stridley

stridley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

Any other's seeing this?

The help is appreciated, Cheers

7. stridley

stridley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Right-well as I did'nt get many responses (apart from Tony69!) I have had a check of a few LXD500 sets in the stores and found that to a greater or lesser degree they all have this issue.

Guess that the backlighting/diffuser on LCDs is pretty tough to get 100% :confused: Hope this information will be of use as I can see from the forums that other people have been concerned about this issue. I'm not normally picky (recently bought a new 19" LCD monitor for my PC, has a couple of dead pixels that I live with!) but do feel that when you spend approx £1500 on a TV it should be of the best possible quality.

By the way I strongly recommend this set-PQ is fantastic and moving from a high end Philips CRT with Pixel plus 2 has left me with no regrets....

Thanks,

Stridley

8. BenchyUK

BenchyUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,842
    Worth Getting then? I am thinking about getting this but haven't founf a store which has one on demo yet. I might try Comet or Currys.(even though i used to work for them and think they are awfull. I would NEVER buy from them )