1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32LXD500 or LG 32LP1D

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by ABP, Sep 12, 2005.

1. ABP

ABP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Too much choice which is the best 32" LCD i am getting totaly confused i also looked at the new Sony V whic looks stunning but the pictures looked suspect?

AB-P

2. freekbear

freekbear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the LG 32LP1D - I'm quite happy with it. The LG has been quite absent from magazine reviews so its a bit tricky to compare.
    I've seen a german Hifi-test magazine that gave it the same 'top' score as the hitachi 32LD7200, and beating the older LX50 Panny.
    http://www.testberichte.de/preisvergleich/level4_hifi_test_26565.html

The LG doesn't buzz (unlike the panny) and has connections for just about anything you can think of (HDMI, DVI + VGA, 2x scart, component and some more I can't remember- I only care about the first two).

I'm not a 100%, but I remember reading that the Panny has lesser support for PC connectivity (no 1:1 - if I remember correctly - I immediatly discounted the panny because of that). The panny is also about £120 more expensive that the LG.

If you live in london, the place to see it in action (next to the panny) is Ask electronic on tottenham court road.

3. Londonlad

Londonlad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i was lookign at the panny 500, the Hitachi 7200, Philips 7520, the sony 'v'series and then on Sunday i went to currys and saw the LG...it looks fantastic. I have heard good things about the XD engine and LG panels, the connectivity is excellent, response time is excellent, the styling is awesome...i'm going to get one of these for def. I think it beats eveything that is on the market at the moment.

Now i have to decide whether it is 32" or 37" (they had the 37" and it looked fantastic). Do you think i could have a 37" in a room which is 11'X12'6" and i'll be sitting anywhere from 6 to 10' away? HELP!!

4. will206

will206

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been thinking of buying the Panny 500 and one of the main things I want to put on it is a computer, I'm a little worried though now. Why doesn't it do 1:1? If you feed it the correct res surely it will be fine? Just want some clarification really.

5. freekbear

freekbear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's all up to the internal design. The problem is that 1368x768 - the native resolution of a typical HD screen, is not a standard PC resolution. This leaves a few options, either feed it a standard VESA resolution like 1360x768 and drop 3 pixels on each side giving you crisp 1:1 mapped pixels - or stretch to fit the 1368 which can cause artifacts in the display. These artifacs are negligible from movies or games but bad for monitor use.
    The problem gets worse as the supported resolution diverges from the original 1368x768. If the TV forces an upscale from 1024x768, it's will not look good - and if it does bands you will reduce your widescreen to a 4:3 screen, but at least it won't be deforming the image. I don't know what the panny supports exactly and how or if it scales. I do remember reading somewhere it wasn't doing 1:1, which means it scales. All depends on from what resolution.
    Usually VGA gives less grief than DVI when it comes to these issues.

TV's that cope nicely are (among others): Hitaci 32LD7200 and LG 32LP1D/32LX2R