Panasonic Tx32lxd500 Lcd

A

ANDY68

Could Someone Please Help.
After Months Of Dithering Over Prices Specs & Reviews,i Finally Purchased My Dream Panny Tx32lxd500.
I Hooked It Up To Sky+ With A Top Of The Range Monster Scart Cable And The Picture I Got Was Awful,i"m Gutted.
The Picture Is Very Grainy & Blurry Not How I Know It Should Be.
It"s Great When Watching A Dvd But Not With Sky.is There Any Way To Boost The Sky Signal .surely With Todays Technology There Must Be A Solution.
Would The Arrival Of Sky Hd Eliminate These Problems Altogether & Would I Get A Better Picture From A Digital Freeview Aerial Upgrade.

A silly question, but have you tried tweaking the Picture settings? I found that taking the "3D Comb" feature off improved my picture, although it was pretty damn good in the first place so I haven't seen anything like what you're experiencing.

Also, check your Sky box is set to 'RGB' (Services - 4 - 1 - Video Output).

What's your DTV (built-in Freeview) picture like?

Yeah Tried Tweaking The Settings,didn"t Make A Difference.ithink It Must Be The Signal Quality & Strength From Sky.
Have"nt Tried Dtv Cos I"ve Only Got A Standard Analogue Aerial And Only Ever Watched Through Sky.
Do You Think I Might Get A Better Picture ? Although I"d Really Like To Stay With Sky.

You should be able to get DTV through a "standard analogue aerial" - have you tried tuning in the Freeview channels on your 500 with the aerial plugged into it? You may get a better Freeview signal than your Sky signal, depending on your circumstances.

Re: Sky picture quality - it all depends on which channel you're watching and your signal strength/quality (Services - 4 - 6 on your Sky+ remote). Some of the minority channels are poor, whereas Sky give a lot of bandwidth to their premium channels such as Sky Sports and Sky One so will look noticeably better.

All channels will show pixellation close up. This is the same as it would have been with your old CRT, but if you're upgrading the screen size as well, then you'll notice the poorer quality signals more with a new LCD.

SkyHD will be worth getting for the 500. I saw a demo of it today, and it was pretty spectacular! Depends on the pricing, though...

I Have Not Tried Tuning In The Dtv, Thought You Had To Have An Aerial Upgrade.i"ll Certainly Give That A Go.but Do You Think Skyhd Would Eliminate These Picture Problems.

SkyHD will look a helluva lot better than Sky SD, but initially there will be very little output in HD. The February launch will only consist of around half a dozen HD channels (inc. 1 sports and 1 movie channel, and very probably SkyOne and Discovery/Nat Geo), and not all output on them will be HD.

You may have to wait at least 12-18 months for a decent selection, when hopefully the BBC will have completed their HD trials.

Thanks A Lot For Your Input And Advice.
Since Talking To You Last I"ve Been Tinkering With Settings And Managed To Achieve A Much More Watchable Picture.i"ve Also Changed The Rf Input Channel And It Seems To Have Tweaked The Picture A Little.
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom