1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32LXD500 LCD VS TH37PV500 PLASMA

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by blp21, Aug 22, 2005.

1. blp21

blp21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is my first post so sorry if the question has already been asked,

I went into currys and looked at the two panasonic HD Ready tvs the TX32LXD500 and the TH37PV500 and noticed that the smaller one the TX32LXD500 was alot sharper than the other one and was wondering is this is supposed to be the case or if there is another reason. Also wondering where to purchase these on the internet because I am having a hard time finding any in stock same with the hitachi 32ld7200.

2. Stephen Neal

Stephen Neal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +681
    The 37" Plasma is 1024x720 resolution, the 32" LCD is 1366x768. The 32" is thus higher resolution, and given that it is also smaller, it will appear sharper still.

LCDs can have smaller "pixels" than plasmas - due to the different technologies in use. However plasmas do have advantages - like better gamma, blacker blacks, better viewing angles, faster response times and more accurate colourimetry etc.

3. blp21

blp21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for info have you any idea where has the TX32LXD500 in stock and is reliable.

4. Woodywizz

Woodywizz
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I ordered my Panny via "Sound and Vision" - see www.soundandvisiononline.com - there have been stocking issues (primarily due to the demand for the lxd500); however they should be in stock within the week'. The price is v.v. competitive (£1430 delivered) and the service from the company is excellent - I have bought my last 2 tvs, and my whole home cinema set up from them - with no problems. Highly recommended.

5. Howard Pitfield

Howard Pitfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
  6. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the TH42PV500 and if it wasnt for the fact that I wanted a larger screen I would definately have gone for the TX32LXD500. From what ive read it is one of the very best LCD's available

7. blp21

blp21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone got any idea where i can get it with a good warranty online with a realiable company for a good price i am worried that i might buy it and will not work.Currys and comet will cost me about £2100 with 5 year warranty but i do not know if i can justify the cost of it.

8. blp21

blp21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry but it needs to accept solo cards and this one does not seem to but thanks anyway any other choices