Panasonic TX32LXD500 - Excellent

Madshark, glad that you are happy with the LXD500 - it truly is a splendid screen. Having seen my set up - 2 of my mates have now gone out and bought the same telly. The PQ thro' SKY is exemplary and DVDs - I play mine thro' the HDMI connection - are mind blowing. Very very very good choice of panel - roll on SKYHD.

See my set up @ :

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1978120#post1978120

Matt :thumbsup:

DaveAnderson said:
So...after much deliberation (RyanK are you reading this!) I have decided to go for the 500 over the 52. The 300 difference is enormous for the same panel and processing but, I will always be thinking what if...

My order with Currys (£1327) has not been cancelled but they have no stock and no lead date. I'm planning to get John Lewis to price match. Does anybody know any retailers (not online..although in another post somebody said they *would* match online????) in the Manchester area that are selling this for around £1400 and may have stock.

TIA...have scoured the mags for companies, but they all quote £1600+ in store :(

Dave

to hell with it, just ordered my 500 from empiredirect for £1485.02. being delivered friday :clap: :clap: :clap:

RyanK said:
to hell with it, just ordered my 500 from empiredirect for £1485.02. being delivered friday :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ryan - I have one thing to say, and that's :smashin:

Think I may start a new thread for LXD500 owners - re best settings etc.. Remember to message me once you've uploaded the picture

Madshark said:
On the DVD, I am also very happy with the panasonic DMRES10. ]

Madshark, does this DVD record from Video Plus. A silly question probably, but I saw no mention of that in specifications in Google.

Incidentally, took my wife to view the Sony V (32) and the Panny 500 (32) in John Lewis today. They were side-by-side showing snooker and she picked the Panny because it is more pleasing to the eyes and I agree with her. The Panny just has that extra bit of quality. Just a question of whether we buy now or wait developments in the industry.

Emrys, if you're going to buy then I'd do it sooner rather than later. Stock is rapidly depleting across most retailers - just ask RyanK the problems he's had in securing the LXD500. I agree with you that sometimes it is better to wait - re pending developments in the industry - but if we stuck rigidly to that stance then none of us would buy any telly, as there is always something better - be it marginal or not - round the corner. For me, and many others, the LXD500 is the best in class at the moment, from the perspective of both PQ and styling - my Mrs loves it; and my 3 year old was overjoyed at the clarity of both CBeebies and NickJnr. Only downside is just one HDMI connection - I currently have the Denon 3910 DVD player and run it via the HDMI; when SkyHD comes out then I'll need another HDMI connection - unless there is some sort of adapter/splitter - any ideas anyone??

woodywizz said:
Emrys, if you're going to buy then I'd do it sooner rather than later. Stock is rapidly depleting across most retailers - just ask RyanK the problems he's had in securing the LXD500. I agree with you that sometimes it is better to wait - re pending developments in the industry - but if we stuck rigidly to that stance then none of us would buy any telly, as there is always something better - be it marginal or not - round the corner. For me, and many others, the LXD500 is the best in class at the moment, from the perspective of both PQ and styling - my Mrs loves it; and my 3 year old was overjoyed at the clarity of both CBeebies and NickJnr. Only downside is just one HDMI connection - I currently have the Denon 3910 DVD player and run it via the HDMI; when SkyHD comes out then I'll need another HDMI connection - unless there is some sort of adapter/splitter - any ideas anyone??

I`d buy now.

LCD prices are rising. Last week Currys increased the price of the LXD500 by £100. Empiredirect has already increased by around £40 in 2 days and homecinematv.co.uk has also increased it`s price.

LCD technology is always going to be evolving so whenever you buy your TV another new one will be released around the corner.

For instance i know that sods law Panasonic will release a new version of the LXD500 with 2 HDMI inputs but thats the risk you take

RyanK said:
I`d buy now.

LCD prices are rising. Last week Currys increased the price of the LXD500 by £100. Empiredirect has already increased by around £40 in 2 days and homecinematv.co.uk has also increased it`s price.

LCD technology is always going to be evolving so whenever you buy your TV another new one will be released around the corner.

For instance i know that sods law Panasonic will release a new version of the LXD500 with 2 HDMI inputs but thats the risk you take

Exactly Ryan, well put. Going back to my A level economics, it's a question of supply and demand. Due to the brilliant reviews of the LXD500, on these forums and in the press, the demand is high - couple this with the manufacturer's lack of supply - and the prices are inevitably going to increase in this interim period. But at least your's is being delivered on Friday - well batted. IRyan, I'm going to start a new thread on optimum settings for the Panny - I'll name it something original like "LXD500 owners - optimum settings". Look forward to your posts :thumbsup:

Sunday is going to be a long day. not only do i have to set up my LXD500 but i also have to set up my new Panasonic SAXR70 amplifier as well as my Sony SAVS300H cinema speakers :devil:

did i forget to say that i have to watch the Chinese Grand Prix 1st :suicide:

RyanK said:
Sunday is going to be a long day. not only do i have to set up my LXD500 but i also have to set up my new Panasonic SAXR70 amplifier as well as my Sony SAVS300H cinema speakers :devil:

did i forget to say that i have to watch the Chinese Grand Prix 1st :suicide:

Sky+ the Grand Prix as I know it will be on early...how good was the Japanese Grand Prix?....set up the system and then watch. I know it won't be live as such but the experience will be so much better :smashin:

woodywizz said:
NickJnr. Only downside is just one HDMI connection - I currently have the Denon 3910 DVD player and run it via the HDMI; when SkyHD comes out then I'll need another HDMI connection - unless there is some sort of adapter/splitter - any ideas anyone??

If I only use|connect to Sky and a DVD does it follow that just one HDMI connection will be sufficient for me.

I went to a Panasonic shop weekend they were charging £1700 or £1800 can't remember but that included a 5 year warenty and they said I could pay weekly for a year 0% intrest however he said £40 a week which is more than £1800.

Still waiting for Curry's to cancel my order for it. They still have no stock and no idea when they will get any...but I can wait, so long as they don't cancel it!

So please, please does anybody know of cheap retailers in Manchester/Cheshire area. I'm trying to get a price match from John Lewis. BTW, does anybody know wether the 5 year warranty is worth the paper its written on?

Dave

DaveAnderson said:
Still waiting for Curry's to cancel my order for it. They still have no stock and no idea when they will get any...but I can wait, so long as they don't cancel it!

So please, please does anybody know of cheap retailers in Manchester/Cheshire area. I'm trying to get a price match from John Lewis. BTW, does anybody know wether the 5 year warranty is worth the paper its written on?

Dave

remember with extended warranties they will only spend money on repairs or replacements according to what the Tv is worth. So if in 3 years time your Tv is worth £350 they may deem it too expensive to repair :(

Also for instance you have a TV for 6 months and it breaks down, it is repaired and brakes down again you may ask form refund. However as you have had the enjoyment of the TV for 6 months you will only get a partial refund.

If you read the small print in your 1st years warranty it also states this as well as the S.O.G Act.

if the 5 year warranty is FREE then go for it but if it is like JL £1749 for the LX500 and they won`t price match & you can buy it elsewhere for £1400-£1500 it isn`t worth it.

crazzy kopite said:
I went to a Panasonic shop weekend they were charging £1700 or £1800 can't remember but that included a 5 year warenty and they said I could pay weekly for a year 0% intrest however he said £40 a week which is more than £1800.

Yesterday John Lewis promised to match my offer of £1443.19 against their price of £1799.99 for the Panny 500 and that includes the five year warranty.

I cannot understand why people are having trouble finding these available online.
I did a quick check and found a load of sites saying they had stock. Whether they really do is another matter. £1430 is a lot of money for a TV.

I am tempted with this TV as it did look very good, a fantastic picture. Looking at all the LCD's in Comet and the majority have a poor display, especially when looked at from the side, looking straight on they are fine, but look at them at an angle, especially anything approaching their rated maximum and the picture gets very bad. The colours go haywire, blacks become blue/red. Absolutely aweful. But not the Panasonic, that keeps the colours perfectly, black remains black at any angle. I wonder what the response time is for the pixels on this set? Does anyone know? Just seen it on their th37pe50.pdf and it says 14ms motion picture response, whatever that means.

I have the lxd500 and am so glad I bought it. It is a fantastic set. For those people wondering where they can get one from for a decent price I can tell you I got mine last week from a small high street electrical retailer called Apollo 2000. They didn't have any in stock but rang Panasonic for me whilst I was in the shop and it came in less than a week! It cost me £1485. I got mine from the Preston branch and they have a sign outside that says "We'll beat any deal". If you live near one of their branches I'd thoroughly recommend you give them a try.

Check this page out to see if there's one near you

Apollo 2000 Store Finder

emrysdavies said:
Madshark said:
On the DVD, I am also very happy with the panasonic DMRES10. ]

Madshark, does this DVD record from Video Plus. A silly question probably, but I saw no mention of that in specifications in Google.

emrysdavies - it does have a video plus option, but I have never used video plus so can't comment on whether it works well?

woodywizz said:
...when SkyHD comes out then I'll need another HDMI connection - unless there is some sort of adapter/splitter - any ideas anyone??

woodywizz - I have already seen HDMI splitters that are similar to SCART splitters. They are quite expensive, but am sure the price will come down by next year when we need them.

What connection from your Denon 3910 do you use to connect to HDMI on the panny?

Madshark said:
woodywizz - I have already seen HDMI splitters that are similar to SCART splitters. They are quite expensive, but am sure the price will come down by next year when we need them.

What connection from your Denon 3910 do you use to connect to HDMI on the panny?

The Denon 3910 has got an HDMI connection, so it's just the HDMI lead from one HDMI connection to another. Simple really. The 3910 is a very very good DVD player - every connection under the sun: HDMI, DVI, Component, Scart, etc.... I would highly recommend it - especially coupled with the 3805 amp - phenomenal. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom