1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32LXD500 - DVD replay over HDMI

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jamesm, Aug 17, 2005.

1. jamesm

jamesm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I reecently took delivery of this set and overall, am very pleased with it. I am having trouble with DVD replay though.

I am playing DVDs on a Denon 3910 @ 720p over an HDMI cable connected to the Panasonic. The picture looks great but is not coming close to filling the screen, there is a 10cm border all the way round. I have been through both manuals but haven't found anything that helps in either of them. Suspect I am missing something simple - any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. nnicol

nnicol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I think that the screen resolution is 1366x768 and the picture displayed is 1280x720 so it will not fill the screen. Some sets scale the image to fit. What is like at 1080i and 576p. My 32pf9986 doesn't fill the screen at 720p but does scale 576p and 1080i to full screen resolution. It is 1:1 pixel mapping at 720p. I'm sure someone else can help but this is probably whats happening.

3. jamesm

jamesm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. Do you think there a way to set up the player to do the scaling or is it always done by the screen? Sorry for my ignorance.

4. nnicol

nnicol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    It is the player doing the scaling. It is better to only have one scaling process than two. The player is scaling your output to 720p which the screen displays exactly and does not scale it. You will probably find the same when watching HD at 720p. You will get the exact size of the picture with no scaling so it should look sharper than when it is scaled to the screens native resolution.

5. meinbrain

meinbrain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so all 720p pics will not fill an lcd screen fully (if it has a 768 resolution?)??

unless the screen upscales it....

would it make much difference in pic quality going from 720 to 768. surely not noticeable to the eye right??