• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TX32LMD70 OR Sony KDL-32S3000? Or Neither!

Nokmondoo

Hi all, looking for a 32" LCD for the bedroom. It'll have skyhd + PS3 connected to it.

I've been searching thru the forum for the last couple of hours and i've narrowed my choice down to either the Panny 32LMD70 or the Sony 32S3000.

I can get them both for under £400 so which one should i go for? Which is best for gaming, which is best fo SD telly?

Is there anything else that beats either?

Thanks chaps! :confused:

L

L33

Hi, I'm after the 32S3000 32" too after researching these forums. The cheapest I can find is £408.22 delivered. Where have you seen it for under £400 delivered?

Thanks

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Get the 32S3000 popular set with very good SD too

Nokmondoo

Hi, I'm after the 32S3000 32" too after researching these forums. The cheapest I can find is £408.22 delivered. Where have you seen it for under £400 delivered?

Thanks

From digitaldirect its £408 but i've got a £20 voucher to use there.

Sony defo better than the Panny then?

YellowSphere

I'd definitely go for the Sony out of those two.

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Does the sony s3000 accept 1080p input? I know the panny does so i'm edging toward that.

nope only D3000 series accept 1080p.But why do you want it so much?

Nokmondoo

nope only D3000 series accept 1080p.But why do you want it so much?

Just from previous experience its better to let the tv downscale an image to its native res than to feed it 720p and let it upscale to 768p.

So i'm thinking i'll get better results from the panny feeding it 1080p from ps3?
Not sure what scaling needs to be done with skyhd at 1080i like?

If the sony is definately better then what? S3000 or D3000 ofr U3000? Still needs to be £450ish max.

Nielo TM

Distinguished Member
You will only benefit from movies, not games.

Remember, the source has to be native 1080p to see the difference.

In any case, I would avoid the MD70.

If you're however a big movies fan, and prefer smooth motion, then get the D3000.

PS: The U series dont have BRAVIA Engine

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Yeah I agree the 32S3000 is still the best at this money

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom