1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32DTX40C or Panasonic TXPD50C?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Tubal, Mar 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Tubal

Tubal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have about £800 to spend on a CRT TV and I had originally decided that I was going to go for a Panasonic TX32DTX40C after reading the reviews:

Which? May 2004 - Best Buy
    What HiFi Sound & Vision Awards - Best Digital CRT TV
    What HiFi S&V "Award Winner 2004" - Outstanding picture with both digital TV and DVD

It has its advantages being an integrated digital TV, but unlike the Panasonic TXPD50C it does not have a component input and hence no progressive scan. I watch a lot of DVDs so progressive scan would be valuable but the above quote suggests that the DVD picture on the TX32DTX40C is very good. As an extra the 4 SCART sockets on the TXPD50C is better than 3 on the TX32DTX40C.

Does anyone know much about the TX32DTX40C? I haven't seen much mention of it on this forum.

Thanks.

2. avio

avio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had one for about a month and am really happy with the picture quality via the digital tuner or other AV inputs (analogue tuner not as good as digital but to be expected). Did have a slight problem with picture geometry but sorted out in the service menu.
    Works well with panasonic DVD recorders but so would the TXPD50C.

Also have a look at this thread
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196822

3. Trickdick

Trickdick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've recently taken delivery of a TX32PD50 and the first impressions are very very good.

I got mine from Unbeatable.co.uk as a package for £549.99 including a free dvd player! I ordered it last Sunday evening and it arrived at 9am on wednesday! I think the price might have been an error on the site but they still honoured it! Make sure you look at the "package deals" to get the right price.

Picture is awesome from terrestrial and Sky signals and on component input on dvd its probably the best picture I have ever seen- barring hi-def tv.

The downside is its VERY VERY heavy - you'll need a strong friend to help! Also the instruction manual is appallingly written. Only half the information you need is in it. I've had to make enquiries on this site and also emails to Panasonic to set it up properly. But persevere, its worth it!

Hope this helps - I know this forum has a lot of people moaning about them- perhaps I've been lucky - but everything seems to be just fine with mine.

4. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    If you think the 32" Panny is heavy, you should try my 36" PD30! :eek:

Fortunately my nextdoor neighbour is an amateur weightlifter. :clap:

Yes, really! :rotfl: