1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32DT4C Buzzing

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by d_j_atkinson, Nov 25, 2003.

1. d_j_atkinson

d_j_atkinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Phill77 posted a message on 12/11/03 regarding the humming/buzzing on a Panasonic TX-28DT4. I bought the 32" version last week and have noticed the same thing. When the sound is low and there is lots of white/light colour on the screen there is a noticable buzzing.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm really happy with the TV except for this. I've emailed Panasonic but I'm still waiting for a response.

Thanks,

Dave.

2. Bradford Blade

Bradford Blade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +713
    Hiya Dave,

I've copied below some extracts from one of my posts from a day or so ago regarding 'buzzing' on the Panny PD30. It sounds applicable to the issue you've raised. Hope it helps...

As a rule of thumb, this 'buzzing' noise IS pretty common on most large screen 100hz TV's these days (the last three I've had have all had it to some extent)...

I have the 36"PD30 and mine too makes a very minor 'buzzing', which seems dependant upon which scanning mode and aspect mode I use. This is basically related to the different voltages the TV needs to operate the above modes and to be fair...there isn't alot you can do about it:(

However, if it is actually quite a loud 'buzz' that can be heard over normal listening levels, it might be worth getting an engineer to check it out.

Best regards,

LAGAVULIN