1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32-PL4 picture processing

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by leeoh, Jan 20, 2003.

1. leeoh

leeoh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am considering one of these 100Hz PL4's against the 50Hz PL1 and would appreciate any opinions, especially from owners as to what you think of the PL4 ?

thanks all.

2. Tel boy

Tel boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The PL4 is 50Hz ….just like the PL1

Have you got your models mixed up?

3. leeoh

leeoh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry yes, I meant the PL10 :blush:

4. Pegleg2001

Pegleg2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have a 32PL10.

+ Points
    Excellent picture (subjective I know - but I did a side by side compare versus Tosh and Philips Pixel Plus and colour tones seemed the most sharp and natural)

Only one RGB SCART on the rear (AV1), AV2 is SCART S-video - ,y old PK20 was better equiped. AV3 is mini-din S-video.
    - Moire effect on DVD playback via AV2 (not really noticeable from 8-10 ft viewing position - only up close).
    - 'Dirty screen' effect. When you look at the screen from an oblique angle while the screen is showing a solid colour (white) you see a patched effect in the inside of the glass. It's almost as if it got moisture/condensation on it that has evaporated and left a witness mark (see other posts). Agian does not seem to hinder picture.
    - On screen menus look a bit prehistoric in style (but hopefully it shows that Panny spend the money on more important stuff)
    - I can sometimes detect a flicker on solid colours (like Sky's blue solid backgrounds). Could be my eye detection of 100Hz I guess.

5. jbooth

jbooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had dirty screen affect looking straight on. That PL10 went back and now have a new PL10 which has vertical vars on either side. Also still signs of the smudgeing expecially on the left of the picture. Engibneer coming round Monday so based on this i would not opt for this set.

James