1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32-PL1 help/advice please

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Fidney, Jan 31, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Fidney

Fidney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Hi,

Guess I'm a double virgin here - it's my first post in these forums and it's my first widescreen TV!

I've recently acquired myself a Panasonic TX32-PL1 and I am, on the whole, extremely happy with it.

However there is one nagging problem - when viewing my DVD player through either of the AV sockets (both SCART) the picture "shimmers" similar to viewing it through a heat-haze. This is mainly noticeable when the disc is paused, but can also be seen on pictures with very little or no movement.

This problem also manifests itself when viewing my VCR or DVD setup menu's.

There is no (apparent) problem when viewing "normal" TV.

I've tried changing SCART leads and have new, fully connected, OFC cables but this hasn't solved my problem.

The same DVD player connected to my previous TV - a 25" 4:3 Panasonic exhibited no such problems, so I'm pretty sure it's a TV problem and not a DVD player problem.

Anyone else experienced a similar problem?

Any help or advice would be greatly received.

Thanks and regards,

Andy

2. p306

p306

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have encountered the problem. Got rid of it too.

By the way DVD should be hooked to A1 as RGB and VCR to A2.
    Antenna cable to tv should be chained via VCR.
    Before changing to DVD set tv channel to 0. That should give you black screen with VCR logo. If the screen is not black VCR should be set off or its input set to A2 or A3 if they are empty.

While watching VCR via A2 set tv channel also to 0 first.

3. deckard

deckard
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the same set and noticed a similar prob to a lesser extent.

My problem was excess contrast setting, as I found out after calibrating with Avia set-up DVD.

Have a play with your contrast level, mine is set remarkably low now - around 25%, this might help.

Cheers

4. Autotec

Autotec
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I to have a 32PL1 the only problems that I have noticed on mine is that there is a shimmer effect in bright colours at times, noticeable on the likes of the graham norton show, it only appears to be evident while just mode is activated have not noticed in other modes.

I notice that it suffers from colour bleed on certain programming.

I tried to pull down the service manual for this set but had little success for this model.

Has anyone recorded there settings in the service menu as I would like to compare.