1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Panasonic TX32-PK20

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by garry_brock, Sep 27, 2001.

Tags:
  1. garry_brock

garry_brock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just a quick question for anyone who may have this TV.

I have recently added a DVD player (Pioneer DV-545 from Techtronics) to my system, and initially hooked it up via high-quality Scart to AV1(RGB) socket. Problem is, i'm getting feint horizontal 'drifting' lines which are really noticeable on dark scenes, and its annoying!

Switching to AV2(SVideo) and telling the player to output SVideo seems to cure the problem, then the picture is excellent. Would rather use RGB option tho as its supposed to be better than SVideo.

Anyone got any ideas/comments please???

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,130
    Does the interference on RGB go away if you unplug the RF aerial lead from the TV ?

3. garry_brock

garry_brock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mr.D,

Good question........

I will try that one tonight and post a reply tommorow. Thanks for the suggestion

4. Keiron

Keiron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    This is a common problem (amongst many others)on the PK series. Panasonic are aware of the problem but have no fix. I, however, did find a fix for all the problems: I swapped it for a Sony.

5. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,130

6. garry_brock

garry_brock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mr.D & Keiron

I tried last night to rectify the problem by removing the RF lead, which had no effect. One interesting point that I did notice tho.

Its possible that the problem is only evident when watching a R2 (PAL) disc, as a R1 disc didnt exhibit any problems! (although being a very recent newcomer to DVD I only have 2 discs so-far! 1xR2 and 1xR1)

I will try other R2 discs this weekend to see what happens. If it is the TV, what do you think my chances are of getting it swapped out?? bought it from local branch of John Lewis, last Xmas?

Thanks for all your suggestions anyway

7. Keiron

Keiron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Mr D

I think what he means is there are 'bands' that extend all the way across the screen, and move up and down in apparently random fashion. Mine did this too (there are many posts on other forums about this). It only occurs on RGB, and removing RF makes no difference. <br />The moire is a sperate problem all together, also well documented, which on my sets was there on RGB and Svid. Whilst SVid (AV2)removed the horizontal lines, I had very noticeable audio breakthrough on this input(again, as do other owners).<br />Anther problem I had was an obvious darkening of the image towards the edges of the screen, where the glass is much thicker.<br />It's a shame, because the PK sets are capable of producing good quality, sharp images (more so than the Sony I got to replace it), but I nearly always found at least one fault apparent at any one time.