1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32-PG50D is a pain...an alternative?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by alex knight, Oct 2, 2001.

Tags:
  1. alex knight

alex knight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there!

Alex here from Germany.

yesterday i got my new tv, a Panasonic TX32-PG50D.<br />i was very happy when i had moved this heavy piece of innovation into the living room.<br />when i turned it on, i heard this hum (which i already read about in this forum, but i couldn't believe that it's that intense and i hoped that it's a problem of the english TVs...;-)).<br />okay, i accepted it at first and went on. what i also recognized and what really got on my nerves was a noise that came up when light parts came up on the screen like a white blouse or a lamp shining somewhere in the movie.<br />it's not a kind of noise you will ignore after a while, it's really annoying!

so i'm thinking about to bring it back to the dealer (i hope he will fetch it, because it's so heavy ;-)) and get another tv, but not this Panny anymore...

do you have any tips for a 16:9-tv with dolby digital build in...of course the picture and sound should be at least as good as like the Panny and the price should be around the same...

hope you can hold my hand and dry my tears ;-) and of course could give me some tips...

cheers<br />-Alex-

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you'll find alot of people in exactly the same position as you. The PG's have not turned out to be what people were expecting. Everyone seems to have the same problems with them, and it appears that the recently released PB's are not really an better. Whoever brings out a "good one" is going to be on a winner!

3. alex knight

alex knight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so are there any "better" tvs out there with the same technical features? i guess the panasonic is hard to beat.

later
    -Alex-

4. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I swapped my 32PB50 for a Toshiba 32ZP18. A few minor problems that have meant the set is being swapped but I took the opportunity to swap it for the 36" beast :D :D :D
    One of these that is correctly set up would be hard to beat (IMHO :D )

5. plb

plb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with Monster I have the 36ZP18 and when correctly set up is superb :) :)

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there anything that the Panasonic did better than the Tosh?