1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32-PD50C

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Livingston, May 16, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Livingston

Livingston

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking if buying one of these so any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated.Have been using an old panasonic for 10 years which has been a great servant but is slowly dying.My daughter is insisting i move into the 21st century.I am reluctant to purchase a plasma as i have had bad experiences with demo screens where i work. So any info on this model would be great as shelling out over a £1000 on a crt is a very big deal for me :lease:

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    ok... well if you want this set you will have to buy quickly as Panasonic have stopped making them and stocks are running very low - if you shop arround you should be able to pick them up for about £600 (and often with a free DVD player etc)

The TV is exceptional and particularly excels when fed with a progressive scan source (eg DVD player). For things like Sky or such the picture is good but there are other sets which can arguably rival it.

3. MikeD

MikeD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Would agree with what astaroth says except that I personally have yet to see any CRT to rival the picture of my 32-PD30 on SKy or any other source, I would expect the newer PD50 to be ever so slightly better.

MikeD

4. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
    £600 is an amazing price for their top of the range CRT. It is hardly surprising they are not bothering not make any more, there is no way they can make any money at that level.

I am amazed at that change in this market over the past 8 months or so that I have been looking for a new screen.

5. lordnoize

lordnoize
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I disagree, I have one and I am running sky via RGB scart (have tried several cables including ones costing excess of £60) and a pioneer dvd via component (dvdplayer outputs in progressive scan where possible) and I preffered the picture on my old 28" JVC as the pic at the mo is quite blocky especiallt on screen text!

6. Tob3z

Tob3z
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the PD50 better than the panasonic with the digital tuner? The one one there site. The er.. TX-32DTX11?

7. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Tob3z - I have never done a side by side comparison - given the PD50's list price was significantly more than the one with the digituner and you are getting less gizmos it would suggest that the PD50 was better. I dont know however if there are any grants or subsidies available for equipment with digital tuners given the plans for the big switch over.