1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX28PS1C

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by doncorleone, Jul 29, 2003.

1. doncorleone

doncorleone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, what are peoples opinions on this tv please? Good quality picture with dvd? Any problems after a while or anything?

Cheers for your help :)

2. doncorleone

doncorleone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. stevej

stevej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, I got one a couple of weeks ago and am well impressed, no prob's with RGB. So far so good. I'd recommend it.

4. pclarke

pclarke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stevej

Do you get slight faint vertical banding when the camera pans on bright scenes. Noticed it last night on mine and wondered if it was normal. Thanks

5. stevej

stevej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    No, my picture is crystal. Fingers crossed I haven't had any prob's, and it's on most of the day.

6. jojo

jojo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just got the 100Hz version, the 28PS12 (from John Lewis) and have the vertical banding problem too. You can see it when the camera pans across a light scene but it only happens occasionally.

Good features of this set are the sound, 3 scarts (2 RGB) and the styling. Widescreen Digital TV and DVD’s give good pictures and John Lewis are giving a free Panasonic Digital Converter Box with this set and the 28PS1C also (while stocks last). I got mine from the Oxford Street Branch but first heard about the offer in their Kingston branch.

Overall not bad for the money but if you can afford a good 32" set (and have the space) go for that instead!

7. pclarke

pclarke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought mine from JL too but I did not get offered a digital box...tell me more. Which store did you get if from?

Please..............

8. jojo

jojo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi pclarke,

Please find the information you requested in my edited post above ...

9. pclarke

pclarke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks jojo,

John Lewis are replacing my TV because of an AV connection problem (top inch of the screen shimmers). This disappears when zoomed but when viewing 16:9 is quite obvious.

Digital box on order as they have run out but they are honouring the offer. :)

I have to say JL have been excellent!!!

Thanks again

Pclarke