Panasonic TX28PN1 - any good?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by diablo, Oct 30, 2005.

Tags:
  1. diablo

diablo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Anyone know how good these TVs are - especially picture quality?
    My parents' TV blew up last week. I've lent them my bedroom TV but need to get them a replacement.
    They demand that it fits into a certain width (27" / 69cm), so that limits options for a 28" widescreen CRT.
    I spotted the Panasonic in Currys when taking my dad around to view some models. However, the picture wasn't as good as many others around it. Although my dad is a whisker short of 80 years old and still has a cataract in one eye, his sight was still good enough to notice this for himself.
    So, does anyone have one and can re-assure me that the picture is okay.
    I will have to try to get the Currys staff to swap the aerial on the display set but the one they have may be a duff one.

Any other recommendations for a low width 28" widescreen less than £500?

Thanks,
    diablo :)
    p.s. I found this recent thread which is much the same. Wonder how theo went on?

2. topdude

topdude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought a nice Toshiba 28" widescreen TV from Currys for £349, model no 28Z47B. The speakers are under the screen so the width is minimal and the picture quality is fantastic, very pleased.

3. diablo

diablo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Thanks for the reply. We got a similar Toshiba from Currys for £300 after a price match on Monday evening. It's the stereo model not the Dolby Virtual Surround sound one.

Picture also very good. I rang them a little while ago and they seem very pleased with it, though they seem a bit frightened to alter the set-up.

Might take round a freeview box at weekend and show them some of the options. :lesson: Until they get bored! :boring: .

Regards,
    diablo