1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX28PM1C

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Bubbauk, Dec 23, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Bubbauk

Bubbauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just recieved my Panasonic TX28PM1C and when i plugged it in and turned it on it had dis colourment down the side, there are no speakers or anythign magnetic close to it so i refered to the manual and all it says is leave the set off for 30 mins, which what i am now doing but i fear this wont fix it, obviously i will be able to send it back but i was really wanting it before xmas. Any suggestions on any settings i could change on the tv or anything at all i could do to fix it without sending it back?

Thanks for any suggestions

:(:(

2. Bubbauk

Bubbauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Ok i left it for an hour unplugged and this hasnt helped it, from reading other threads it could be the magnetic shielding on the left hand speaker causing the problem. I just filled in the guarantee form online. Would i be best sending the tv back or usuing the gaurntee to get someone out to fix it and how do i go about doing this as i have never done this sort of thing before.

Any suggestions?

3. Boozyuzi

Boozyuzi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Contact your supplier and insist on a replacement.

Where did you get it from ?

4. Bubbauk

Bubbauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  5. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Well,

This, I think, is a fairly common problem with some models/makes of Panasonic. I had recently exactly the same scenario with a 32" CRT Panasonic (model number TX32PS500) - as I say, sounds exactly the same problem. Curry's whom I purchased this from (which after replacement sets, I told them to stick it and purchased a Sony elsewhere) told me that they have had a lot of complaints about this issue with some Panasonics. I rang Panasonic directly who confirmed that it probably was caused by insufficient shielding on one of the speakers - they seemed to know all about this too readily for my liking - although they themselves would not confirm it to be a fault.

Anyway, you should really contact the retailer, who has to come and collect it (presumably you had it delivered?) and must, by law, if faulty and within a "reasonable" amount of time (of course if you have just got it then no probs here) either offer you a replacement set or your money back under the Sale of Goods Act 1979. I studied this in detail when fighting with Curry's about getting my money back (and I won).

You shouldn't be paying for a repair or attempting to sort it out yourself (unless you really want to).

It is faulty - and needs to be picked up and either replaced or your money back (and personally I would be tempted with the latter option after all the problems I had with Panasonic tv's in the last couple of months)

6. Bubbauk

Bubbauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    So i should contact the empiredirect and they will send a couriour to pick it up? Should i leave the TV off or can i watch it? Will watching it cause a more permanent damage? The thing is i can watch it ok but i wouldnt like it like that permantly.

Thanks for the help.

7. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Yes, you should contact Empire Direct as they are the retailer and your "contract" if you like is with them - they have to, by law, investigate and pick up your set - so yes, a courier should come and collect it without any charge to you what so ever. So long as you tell them it is faulty on the phone.

You can watch it, yes, it shouldn't do any more damage - but even if it did (which it won't) then it is not your problem as you will either get a new replacement or your money back.

So good luck with it - let me know how you get on.

Regards

Paul

8. Bubbauk

Bubbauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I just sent them an email asking if they could deliver a new TV to my door at the same time they are picking up the broken one, and if that wasnt possible then couriour my broken tv to them then fix/replace it and send it back to me.

Thanks for your help.

9. Bubbauk

Bubbauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Good news :)

Just got a phone call from them and he said they would arrange a swap for thrusday 30th and they will take my tv and give me the new one at the same time so this is very good news.

Im happy now :D

10. Bubbauk

Bubbauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Got the new TV on thrusday and i havent watched anything on it but i connected it up and switched it to the dvd player screen and was fine so i persume its fine. I have been at my friends house so i havent had a chance to watch anything on it yet so im gonna go home and put a good dvd on, ill have to have hunt for some thought.

11. ihcl03980

ihcl03980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is your tv ok now?
    i am thinking of purchasing the same set

/bob