1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Tx28pm1 Help?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by thebassmonkey, Oct 26, 2004.

Tags:
  1. thebassmonkey

thebassmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive just recently purchased the above tv and although the picture quality is ok, there is slight bending at the top and bottom of the screen, especially when using the sky menu. is this normal or is there something i need to do? it kind of looks like the tracking needs setting (like on VHS) but I didnt think that would apply to tv signals??

can anyone help?

thanks

2. andymc

andymc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have this problem with the Sky menues on my Philips TV downstairs and the Panny in the bedroom and I think its just a sky thing. The picture seems fine but it made me wonder so will watch out for any fixes!

3. thebassmonkey

thebassmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i dont think its a sky issue because it didnt look like that on our old tv (although it was only a 14" thing) and a mate of mine has a jvc flat screen and the picture was really sharp?? is my new telly just ****?

4. DJjay18

DJjay18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same on my PM1, but I don't have Sky, Freeview, and the bending is very noticeable. You would've thought for £600 (for the 32") you'd get something decent, but really the TV is s***! And colours thru video/s video look terrible, with reds being overexposed.

5. thebassmonkey

thebassmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive since discovered it seems to correct itself if you readjust the contrast and brightness settings.

6. TVhomejs

TVhomejs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, that's because too high contrast/brightness causes socalled "blooming". The picture gets wider both horizontally and vertically. So it isn't a geometry thing. But some TV's have the effect even with low contrast/brightness and the width of the picture changes with the amount of bright or dark content. Can easily be seen (measured) with a 4:3 picture. But don't expect perfection!

7. KopiteLad

KopiteLad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive got the 32" version of this Panny, and am having the same problems with the 'bowing' effect on text on the TV.

Ive got a rubbish Nokia freeview box to watch digital TV on at the minute [until i buy a replacement] and the moving text on sky sports new/sky news, and on certain programmes that have moving credits its an absolute disgrace.

How is yours now bassmonkey? and what did you do to rectify it?

8. thebassmonkey

thebassmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah mine is fine now just fiddled with the contrast and brightness settings and now the picture is great.

9. DJjay18

DJjay18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My contrast brightness aren't even set that high, I've got them so my Freeview picture looks as it should, and I get this 'blooming', which is bloomin' annoying (sorry, couldn't resist). But no, really it's especially noticable with side to side camera pans in 16:9 programmes.

Can anything be done? This is really spoiling my viewing, especially in the Chelsea game on ITV last nite.

10. KopiteLad

KopiteLad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What did you set it to BassMonkey? :hiya: