1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX28PL4

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by JamieL, Feb 18, 2002.

1. JamieL

JamieL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I was pretty set on getting myself a TX28PL1 but after reading numerous complaints with regards to the rgb dvd playback being shabby I was put off.

Does anyone have experience with the TX28PL4? Does this suffer the same problems?

Thanks

2. JamieL

JamieL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone???

:confused:

3. andypandy

andypandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I too am a bit surprised at the late new Panasonic TV's they do not seem to be well reviewed at all.

The last TV I saw with rave reviews was the TX-PF range, but it seems to have gone downhill since then , with comments like curving on the edges, etc.

By the way, I ended up buying the TX-36PF10. It was reviewed well just about by everyone so I bought one although this is going back a few years - still going strong.

4. Nyquil Driver

Nyquil Driver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jamie-

I think the only solution is to buy a PL4 from a retailer with good after-sales service and simply return the set if you're not satisfied with it.

It's possible that the TV you receive will be free of the reported PL1 flaws, so if you REALLY want one then you may aswell try your luck. I have to warn you that it will almost certainly have the 3 lines under/on the screen (although they're not always visible), so you should try watching some football on it before making a decision either way. In fairness, you might be able to live with that particular quirk anyway, but whatever you do, check (and double check) all of the things mentioned in the "PL1 Problems" thread.