1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX28pl4 - anyone had this problem?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by barnabybear, Apr 20, 2002.

1. barnabybear

barnabybear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I can't see this in a search of previous threads - other PL1 probs - but not this one -
    I've just taken delivery of my second PL1 and it has the same problem as the first one which was returned as faulty.(Which the engineer told me he'd seen nothing like in a Panasonic before) The picture has a distortion. The best way of seeing it is to look at the "programme information box" on Sky - the one which when you press select comes up showing the present channel and programme. These boxes are white on top, blue in middle and white on the bottom again (as we all know) looking at the sides, the edges aren't straight - they are very distorted, its as if the box was wet paint which someone had wiped over smearing it.
    The delivery blokes are arranging a third set to be delivered.
    I just wondered if this is part of the spec and am I wasting my time. (Then again - delivery people and engineers both say it's unusual - if thats the case - I must be pretty unlucky to get two faulty sets in a row)
    Thanks in advance

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I havent seen that fault but I would not say you are unlucky. I am on my 6th tv in 9 months and even this one has a fault.