1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Tx28pl1 & Qlink

Discussion in 'TVs' started by martin day, Apr 30, 2003.

Tags:
  1. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HAVE JUST BOUGHT PANNY 28" WIDESCREEN TV TO REPLACE MY 25" SONY 4:3. DOES ANYBODY HAVE THIS TV ?

HAVE TO SAY THAT THE CLARITY OF THE PICTURE ON THIS IS NOT AS GOOD AS THE SONY. IT SEEMS THAT THE PICTURES HAVE A SLIGHT GRAINY EFFECT. IS THIS BECAUSE IT IS A WIDESCREEN PICTURE ?

ALSO ON SKY THE BANNER AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN THAT YOU CAN CALL UP, SEEMS TO 'BEND' AT THE ENDS WHEREAS BEFORE THEY WERE COMPLETELY STRAIGHT. IS THIS BECAUSE IT IS WIDESCREEN AGAIN?

ALSO BECAUSE I HAVE A PANNY VCR AS WELL WHEN I SET THE TV UP IT DOWNLOADS 'Q LINK' BUT I AM NOT REALLY SURE WHAT THE BENEFIT OF THIS IS?

ANY ADVICE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

2. Orbitalzone

Orbitalzone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    First thing to do is reduce the contrast level... they're always set to maximum and lowering this to 60% or so can make a huge improvement, reduce the bending you mention and increase tube life probably!

Widescreen TV's are more prone to showing up these picture geometry problems like the bending you mention. If you can't get a reasonably good image (you're unlikely to get perfectly straight lines on any widescreen TV other than a plasma/lcd) you could dive into the service mode (engineers setting) and try altering a few picture geometry settigs. BUT only do this if you know what you're doing!

As for Q-LINK, it allows the TV and video to function as one unit making the task of video recording simple. It performs several roles, including automatically copying channel data from the TV to VCR (or vice versa) instant recording of any TV programme, starts up or shuts down both simultaneously plus it displays messages which allow the VCR operation to be monitored.

However, I'm not sure if these features only apply to analogue TV channels, so it may be a feature that's not that useful for digibox / cable viewers.