Panasonic TX28Pl1 (£464) or Sony LS35 (£469)?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by BuyingATV, Oct 18, 2002.

Tags:
  1. BuyingATV

BuyingATV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was dead set on buying the panasonic intill I came across this site and its been ripped to shreads, with claims of vertical lines, dark patches and mesh like shapes on DVD's.

So I went off and looked at the sony and found it for a great price of £469 with the cabinet, any know problems with this TV.

Also does the panasonic do NTSC 4.38 (not too sure of the number but you'll know what i mean) in colour without an RGB connection. i.e. using a Playstation2 in 60hz mode through the normal composite connections?

Gamecube and DC for example will display 60hz in colour no matter what because they use NTSC 3.88 (have i got them the wrong way round, doesnt matter).

Thanks

Opinions of both TV's please.

2. Midge

Midge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've had a PL1 now for 2 weeks, and no problems so far. Good picture, and no lines noticed while watching the footie over the last week. Had a problem with 'wavey' lines when using DAVS500, but 'touch wood' that seems to have cleared up.