Panasonic TX28pg45

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Rostron, Jun 10, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Rostron

Rostron
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have just taken delivery of the Panasonic TX28pg45.......
    First impressions......
    The picture quality is very good....no 100hz artifacts apparent.....colours are bright and natural. Off air terra broadcasts are good....DVD is stunning....
    DD and DTS sound is also very good....much better than the sound on my old PK2...
    one minor gripe....the sub in the cabinet is not as good as I thought it might be....also if you have the setting set to full and the bass near maximum, there is some cabinet vibration....
    Have not had much time to play with it yet....but as I have been waiting for some time for this set to appear, I thoight I would let you know my first thoughts as soon as possibe.
    :)

2. snubnose33

snubnose33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i too got mine a week ago and as i havent had my dvd player arrive yet so i cannot comment on the quality of the sound or the picture with regards to dvd's.
    Terrestial tele picture quality is ok nothing to really brag about-some images appear a little grainy?
    Rostron in the manual it says that when viewing an ntsc source or anything that isnt Pal the picture should be viewed in progressive mode and not auto or 100hz?
    have u watched an R1 dvd? and if so what mode do u watch it in?
    What Dvd player are you using?
    Also how have u stored the two external speakers?
    ill post some more once my dvd player[tosh 210e] arrives and i can test out a few discs.

thanks

[ 18-06-2001: Message edited by: snubnose33 ]