1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX28DTX1C ?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by PhilSmith, Nov 26, 2004.

Tags:
  1. PhilSmith

PhilSmith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm looking to buy a 28" Freeview widescreen telly for under £400, and i've noticed the Panasonic TX28DTX1C for £335.95 + delivery on Empire Direct. Pricewise, that would do nicely.

My question is, does anyone have this TV set and have an opinion on it?

I've seen the 32" version in my local Panasonic@home shop - which looked fine to me. But obviously it's a different matter once the TVs actually in your front room.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice you can offer!

Phil.

2. philipjg

philipjg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Phil

I was just about to make a post very similar to this.

I'm thinking of buying a TX28DTX1C but can find hardly any information about it on the web.

Did you buy it and are you happy with it?

Thanks

3. PhilSmith

PhilSmith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Phil,

Yes, I did buy the TX28DTX1 and am very happy with it! Great service from Empire Direct too - ordered on the 28th, delivered on the 30th.

If you have any specific questions, let me know.

The picture is great, and the automatic ratio stuff works just as well as any other widescreen TV I've seen (and gives just as many manual options). DVDs look great, and the digital tuner is quite an improvement over my old OnDigital box (it's very quick, and the EPG even lets you view descriptions for programs up to a week ahead). Even the sound seems great to me, and I think I'd seen mention in a review of the 100hz version that this wasn't up to scratch. The TV is very solidly built and comes with a good, strong, nice-looking stand.

The only thing to have bothered me so far is when I tried running the THX video setup thing from the Monsters Inc DVD. In the first section you're supposed to adjust the contrast until you can see eight distinguishable boxes in slightly different shades of white. After a lot of faffing the best I achieved was seeing the end two (and this required some squinting). All eight are visible on a friends Sony, so I'm guessing the contrast range of the Panasonic isn't quite as good? Mind you, in general use this doesn't seem noticeable at all.

Overall, nearly a week on and no real regrets :)

Hope this helps,

Phil.

4. akbaskara

akbaskara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Phil
    I got the panasonic TX28DTX1C last week. I have Sony DVD Home cinema system DAVSB - 100. If I play the DVD, the television speakers are not working . Only the dvd speakers are working. I use the scart cable which is connected to AV1 in the television. Do I need to use RCA sockets as well to get the sound from television speaker while watching dvd or is it a normal thing to happen?
    It would be also helpful if you could let me know regarding the coding of dvd remote to the panasonic television.
    Thanking you.
    Yours sincerely
    Arun

5. philipjg

philipjg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks thats really helpful - I've think you've just given me the final temptation I need to spend the cash!

6. PhilSmith

PhilSmith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Arun,

I guess if you're using an S-Video-to-scart cable to connect your DVD system to the TV, that would happen (I don't think S-Video cables carry sound). And it's better that way - if the sound was coming out of your TV as well as the DVD speakers, that would detract from the whole surround sound experience.

As for the remote coding, i'd like to know that too. There's no mention of it in the manual. Still, i'm used to using multiple remotes, so that's not really a problem :)

Phil.