1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX28DTX11 problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by tools, Aug 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. tools

tools

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a panasonic tx28dtx11 one and a half months old and it has developed a black dot on the screen. It's like I have a insect always on the screen. Not to sure why it's there or what to do?

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,954
    Part of the internal coating of the crt has come off........if it's really bad and a fair size I would complain and get the set replaced.

3. tools

tools

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it's only a small dot at the moment do you think it's worth phoning the tv people up or shall I see if it gets any bigger?

4. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,954
    Personally if it was me I'd be on the phone to them ASAP.
    It may get worse so the earlier you complain the better.....your eye will be drawn to it all the time now that you've noticed it.
    It could have happened in transit........it's rare on a new crt set.....but it happens from time to time.You're just unlucky.

5. ScootermanRoger

ScootermanRoger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe, ... maybe not!. I think it's more likely that a "foreign body" has lodged itself onto the shadowmask. This will affect a "triad" of all three colours, giving a black spot, or splodge. If an individual phosphor was to fall off the screen, the spot would appear as either cyan (turquoise), - ie lack of a red phosphor, magenta (purple), - ie lack of a green phosphor, or yellow, - ie lack of a blue phosphor. If a chunk of phosphors had fallen off the screen, it would be very visible with the set turned off. With a foreign body lodged onto the shadowmask, this would not be visible with the set turned off.
    With the TV turned off (!) try turning the set upside down, and giving it a little jolt. Return the TV to normal position before turning on again. (Don't turn it on upside down, or there will be temporary serious purity issues. You might find that the spot has been dislodged. More than likely though, it will still be there, and the final outcome will be the same...... faulty tube. Get it changed!

6. tools

tools

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There coming out tomorrow to have a look at it. Just hope that I can demand a new set.

7. tools

tools

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tv engineers have come out and there going to take it away to fix it they say its the tube he says there has been a few problems with the 28" and 32" models including a software problem.