1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX28DTX10

Discussion in 'TVs' started by moosh, Jan 1, 2005.

Tags:
  1. moosh

moosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought this model from empiredirect.co.uk just before Christmas (excellent delivery service to Northern Ireland!) and after a few days of use a problem has surfaced.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere in this forum but I hope you can help me.

At irregular intervals the TV flicks off then on. It's as if the power has momentarily been disrupted. The picture returns and everthing is fine. This could happen three times in 10 minutes, or once a day. It's very infuriating.

Any ideas?

I'll be contacting empiredirect.co.uk next week when the Christmas/New Year shenanigans are behind us. Hopefully they won't be deluges with a mass of returns!!

2. daroca

daroca
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,

I also have this problem when a DVD recorder is connected to the AV2 scart and switched on. When the DVD is in standby mode the problem never occurs, so I'm quite certain it must have something to do with the SCART inputs.

I was planning to connect the DVD recorder to AV1, but have not tried this yet. I did change the Q-link settings on the TV, setting it to off, and have not experienced the problem for the last few days.

3. moosh

moosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks daroca.

I have a DVD and video hooked up to the scarts. I watched a DVD last night and the TV flicked off about 10 times during it - very annoying.

I'll try the Q-link setting and see what happens.

4. daroca

daroca
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Moosh,

Another forum member and I who both experienced this have worked out the problem this is down to the Q-Link select setting and reported fault reports to Panasonic, they are currently investigating this.

What did you have connected to each scart AV1 and AV2 port ?

Did you have any luck with empiredirect. You may also wish to log a fault call with Panasonic.

Send me a PM, and i can give you my fault report reference number.

5. moosh

moosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In my set up I have my DVD in AV1 and my Q-link aware video in AV2.

Since I switched the Q-link setting to off the problem has not occurred - so many thanks for the tip. Thought I was going to have to return the TV.

I did contact empiredirect to report the problem and they were very helpful. The guy I spoke said he would arrange for a local dealer to call me within 24 hours and then said that if it couldn't be fixed they would send a courier to pick the TV and deliver a new one. Very good customer service.

The local dealer called (albeit a day late) but by then I had switched Q-link off and everything seemed fine.

Whilst using Q-link isn't a high priorty for me I'd be interested to know what Panasonic have to say about this glitch.

6. hondaman

hondaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have recently purchased the above TV and am experiencing the same problem with it switching off and then back on intermitently.
    I will try the q link and see how I get on . This is the 3rd set provided by a very good local supplier.