1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX28DK2 ?!?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by yonderblue, Dec 18, 2001.

1. yonderblue

yonderblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I was tempted to go for the Philips 28PW6515 but kind of put off with all the bad rep they seem to get, So I though about the Panasonic TX28DK2 but have not heard to many peoples views on TX28DK2 so does anyone have any comments on the TX28DK2 ?!?

(I am in no rush to buy might wait until new year, But

TIA

ScottC.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's not a flat screen model like the philips one is, I think it's been out for some time too.

Other options for you might be the Panasonic TX28PL1, which is a brand new TAU flat screen. Empire Direct have them for £496.

It too considered the Philips but read the bad press on this very forum and decided against it. Shame really as it seems good value.

The new JVC AV-28S2EK has had some good reviews too

http://www.whatvideotv.com/testbenc...testbench/Televisions/JVC/JVCAV-28X10EK.shtml

and if your budget can stretch to 700 quid it's worth a look too. I'm currently deciding whether or not it's worth £200 more than the panny TX28PL1. But whatever, I'm waiting till next year, last thing I want to do is panic buy just to get a TV before XMAS.

Mark

3. Dunky

Dunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you can live without a flat screen then the 28DK2 is certainly worth considering. My Father purchased the 32" version of this set nearly a year ago now and I was pretty impressed with the picture (looks great with digital TV). Sound's not too bad either - you get a couple of rear speakers for pro logic. All-in-all this set seems to be pretty good value for money.

4. Dunky

Dunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgot to mention that this set got a couple of rave reviews for its picture quality when it was released.

5. yonderblue

yonderblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks for all the reponses, I think I will wait till the new year, I am in no panic (just a bit fed up watching DVD's on my old Panasonic 15" TV :) , Looks like the TX28PL1 could be a contender, My budget is £500,

*Moan note, It's me or have all the TV manufactures decided althogether to have all those open cabinets, I prefer the closed look cabinet where cables are not as visable and have features like the built-in speaker of the TX28DK2 cabinet to all those new open type cabinets.

Plus these new open stands don't have wheels which can handy when cleaning about the TV or just moving it which is not as easy(or impossilbe) with all those three legged open cabinets, Granted you don't want to move a TV about a lot, IMHO this design move is a step backwards *End moan :)

Scott C.

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Pansonic TX28PK3 is the model that the TX28PL1 is replacing and it has a closed cabinet on wheels.

you'll also be able to find it for around £450 because it's about to be replaced.

[​IMG]

It's also a model I'm considering for similar reasons

HTH

Mark