1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX28-PM12 + XBOX display problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Ozzy, Oct 2, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Ozzy

Ozzy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Since being underwhelmed with my Sony KD32DX200U, i went round to my folks to have a play with their Panny.

Hooked up my Xbox via an RGB SCART and noticed that the screen move in & out at the edges. Looked like it was trying to automatically adjust the screen (say from 16:9 to wide or zoom). Trouble is, it's doing it all the time. Edges don't move much (say 1-2cm), but it's very noticeable.

Tried using an S-Video connection on the front AV port, but it's doing the same thing.

Switched back to their Telewest digital STB and it was doing something similar to the on screen text.

Is this a problem with the TV??

Tried Xbox in PAL60, normal mode and widescreen but does it with all the games.

Stefan

2. Zaichik

Zaichik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Panasonic "Auto" modes seem to be very sensitive to changes in the image on the screen. Mine, for example, tends to reduce if the image is dark for more than a few seconds, or, very occasionally, if there is a straight line near the edge of the screen. For example, when they go to the ad breaks on the X Factor (and the banner appears saying "Still to come..."), my TV adjusts and borders appear at the top and bottom. I can't work out why this should trigger a change, but it does every time. As soon as the caption disappears, the picture goes back to being full screen again.

3. Ozzy

Ozzy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Unfortunately the TV isn't on auto mode. I've tried fixing it to 16:9, wide, 14:3 and it still does the same thing to a certain degree :(

Stefan