Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic TX26LXD52

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by neidpath, Oct 22, 2005.

1. neidpath

neidpath
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am a newbie and so my questions no doubt will seem quite naive, but I would be greatful for some advice.

I have bought and am awaiting delivery of a Panasonic TX26LXD52 LCD hight definition ready TV. I also have a Panasonic DMR-E55EB DVD recorder.

Up till now I have been using fairly cheap standard Scart cables and I wonder if it would be worth while investing in more expensive and (hopefully) superior cables. Would it make a difference if I did upgrade.

My second question concerns another connection. Both units have Component Video connections and I read that to have the optimum quality when playing DVDs I should invest in a suitable cable. Again, can anyone advise if this is so, and if it is, is the Component video connection in addition to the scart connection.

I hope this makes sense. Would be grateful for any help.

Neidpath

2. Sicton

Sicton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If you've got component, forget SCART because component is much, much better quality. Don't bother buying expensive SCART cables, just invest in some quality component leads and you'll get the most out of the two pieces of equipment.

3. neidpath

neidpath
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much for quick response. Very helpful.

One other question though. Will the component leads also carry the audio signal, or does that need another connection?

Regards
    Neidpath

4. Sicton

Sicton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Component only carries video signal - it splits it up into components of red, green and blue. A separate cable is required for audio. Do you have a home cinema amp the DVD player could be connected to for the audio?

5. neidpath

neidpath
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again for response.

No - I am afraid I don't have a home cinema set up. Can I connect audio direct from the DVD player to the TV?

Neidpath

6. Sicton

Sicton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It's not something I've ever done because I've never had the privillage of owning anything with component inputs/outputs, but I'm pretty sure that would be possible if you've got audio inputs on your TV i.e. phone - red/white connections!

7. Jonti

Jonti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. RedFrog

RedFrog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the audio inputs for the TX326LXD52 are on the front though (going by panasonics website) so if trailing cables bother you it might not be your best option.

BTW can anyone who's got one of these confirm this?

9. DRAMBO

DRAMBO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    LXD52 has an HDMI terminal, the best quality signal willbe via an HDMI cable.

10. Jonti

Jonti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The audio-in sockets for Component are on the back. It's the audio-in sockets for S-Video that are on the front (AV3). (Page 40 of the manual)

11. RedFrog

RedFrog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Jonti, Panasonic's site here seems to claim the audio in for s-video and component are both on the front with the sockets on the rear being audio out only which was the one thing putting me off buying this set.

I've not seen the manual but if explicitly states they are component inputs on the rear then I'm a happy man :thumbsup:

12. Jonti

Jonti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know what you mean - I was concerned about that as well so I had to check in John Lewis on the 32" models. The Panny 500 also has the same setup - 4 scarts: 3 x on the rear (AV1/2/4), 1 x on the front (AV3).