1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX26LXD500 question

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by DEV, Apr 3, 2005.

1. DEV

DEV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

I went to a panasonic shop today and viewed the TX-26LXD50. It had a awesome picture on normal TV and seemed clearer than my 42 inch plasma (Toshiba). The sound was good too. It has the look and image quality I want. It also has a nice price. Unbeatable are quoting a price of £1079.
    http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_25830.html

However it doesn't have PC VGA / DVI input. Does anyone know if the high definition version (TX-26LXD500) coming out in July has this feature?

If it doesn't I might invest in a VGA to component converter. Anyone used one of these?.

Dev.

2. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Good to hear about the quality of the picture, sounds very promising for te 500 models.

Just been looking at the German Pansonic website and the 500 (26 & 32 models) makes no reference, that i can see, to a VGA input either! Very strange!

Does the old 32 LCD have VGA out of interest?

3. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Just had a looked at the german manual for the old 32...no VGA that I can see! What an omission...still some sort of VGA convertor required then me thinks.

4. sgiorgi

sgiorgi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Given that the 50 series is supposed to be a budget model at £2000 for the 32" with the most appalling connectivity, see here - http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201582 one dreads to think just what price the 500 series is going to be when it is launched in July. I have waited in some eager anticipation for Panasonic to come up with something special, but sadly I can't help but feel they have missed a great opportunity.

6. DEV

DEV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Found the information I was after. Looks like the TX26LXD500 is for me.

"The VIERA PX500 and LX500 series have an SD Memory Card slot allowing MPEG4 recording onto an SD Memory Card while digital double tuners allow simultaneous recording and viewing of two different programs. The series has intelligent TV program guides, a universal design based easy-to-use remote controller, digital photo playback for viewing still photos, an HDMI terminal and an [RGB signal input terminal for direct connection of the display to a personal computer. "

http://www.audioholics.com/news/pressreleases/PanasonicVIERAplasmaLCD.php

7. TranceFan

TranceFan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    a big negative for the TX26LXD500 is the price: £1500 what a rip off! extortionate for a 26". :thumbsdow