panasonic TX25AD2 problem

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by dovemeister, Dec 20, 2006.

Tags:
  1. dovemeister

dovemeister
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    my trusty panasonic tx25ad2 has started playing up :mad: so wondering if anyone has any ideas what could be the problem and whether financially viable to fix.
    First started getting problem with picture having a red tinge to it which ocassionally gets worse but is always there to some extent (noticeably when showing dark/black picture/teletext).This happens regardless of whether normal TV broadcast or external AV source. Then it started switching off (and switching itself back on) which seems related to the red problem. Sometimes it can switch off several times in succession within a several minutes and other times it'll behave for a few hours - it does seem to be more tempremental after initially switch on though. Sometimes when it switches back on they'll be red jaggles over the screen and no picture, sometimes it's back to normal :confused:

any one know if this is a common problem with panasonic euro2 chassis tvs?

2. technospark

technospark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    hi
    i would look through the yellow pages and find a local eng and ask for a quote it could only be dry joints which are causing this and it would be cheap to repair but then it could be a few faulty componants which is also cheap to it dosent sound like its the tube going to the lovely big gig in the sky

3. dovemeister

dovemeister
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks for reply - will try repairing it then

4. technospark

technospark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    hi
    be carefull on opening up the set unless you know what you are doing there are very high voltages presant even after you have unpluged your tv as most chassis are live even after they are unpluged
    any way all the best
    let us know how you get on

5. dovemeister

dovemeister
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks for warning - i've had a quick look inside myself already and was aware of dangers (4yrs electronics at uni taught me something:rolleyes: ) - but without circuit diagram and not being tv engineer I limit myself to simple checks....I'll leave it to a pro for repair - was surprised to see a Philips Components tube in there though, thought Panasonic made their own

6. technospark

technospark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
  7. Orbitalzone

Orbitalzone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Not sure if it'll help but I have the smaller but same chassis TX21AD2 service manual on my site here