Panasonic TX24PS2?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by XaviC, Jun 17, 2004.

Tags:
  1. XaviC

XaviC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone. I'm a relative novice when it comes to televisions, so please go easy on me!

I currently have a Sony KV-24LS35, but it's having to go back due to some horrible geometry and moire problems. I was going to try another set of the same make, just in case the original was a dud, but I've been browsing around and another TV caught my eye. It's the Panasonic TX24PS2. Comparing the specs and features of the two, I can't see much of a difference - in fact the Panasonic has a Digital Comb Filter and the Sony doesn't, plus the Panasonic is £50 cheaper online.

Does anybody have any experiences with this particular TV? Or could anyone recommend another good 24 inch flat widescreen? It's for a relatively small bedroom, so unfortunately it can't be any larger. Thanks guys.

Xavi

2. Bettingmad

Bettingmad
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd also be interested to hear any comments about that Panasonic.

I took delivery of a 2nd Toshiba 24z33 today from a local shop on a free trial. But it's going back as it has the same problem as one I tried earlier from somewhere else - it buzzes/grates when bright things come on screen. Watching golf is particularly bad when it switches from the green to the sky.

3. bodcod

bodcod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    hi XaviC. I currently have the sony set you mentioned, and was wondering if the set u had also seemed out of focus towards the edges of the picture, when compared to the middle. If any one does have any opnians on the panny 24ps2 i would also be interested in hearing them.

Bodcod

4. jtweed

jtweed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a TX24PS1 which I bought nearly a year ago and it is absolutely superb. Looking at the specs it seems to be pretty much exactly the same as the model that's replacing it, so I imagine it'll be pretty similar in performance.

I have never personally owned or seen a TV with as good picture quality. Using the RGB SCART and a decent cable the picture is truly amazing. The only downside to it is that it only has one RGB SCART and the sound is not great but then I always listen to it through my amp. I bought it for the picture quality, not the sound.

I had Panny recommended to me by a mate that used to work in an independent TV shop and I'm glad I listened!

Jon