1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX24PS2 or Philips 24PW6518 ??

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Eso, Nov 29, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Eso

Eso
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I just need a little advise please on which new TV to go for. I don't know too much about these things, and am new here so hello all! :hiya:

I'm looking to get a new TV for Christmas and it's going to be either a Panasonic TX24PS2 or Philips 24PW6518

I'm really drawn to the Panasonic as I read great things about the previous model and I like the look of it better, not to mention it has more useful connections on it.

As far as size goes I really cannot chose a larger set, being in the box room of the house I can't fit anything too sizable in, not to mention I don't think my pockets will stretch either!

Any advice people can give me will be most welcome - As well as impressions and view on the set it use I really need a some technical issues cleared up for me too.

I am a huge gamer and the TV will get lots of gaming use - All of my machines are US however meaning I need to know if these sets can handle both NTSC frequency/signals (whatever you call them :)) - That's both NTSC 3.58 and 4.43

Thanks in advance for any help!