1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX24DX1 Service Menu?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by IronMonkey, Aug 9, 2002.

1. IronMonkey

IronMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone out there know how to access the Panasonic TX24DX1 service menu?

After a bit of digging on the internet, I can't find it, but I have figured out that I could have pincushion problems with my set.

Thanks...

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    As I don't own a panasonic, I can't offer any expert advice. However, do a search on Google Groups for Panasonic Service Menu and I'm sure something will turn up!

3. IronMonkey

IronMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks.

I've now found the service menu through a bit of fiddling...

I don't know if I'm allowed to post it on here (it's only my 3rd post on this forum!), so if I'm not then could the moderators please be lenient!

I don't want to get thrown off this excellent resource.

Anyway, for those of you having problems with your Panasonic TX-24DX1, here's how to access the service menu:

Go into the Sound menu
    Set Volume to Minimum
    Set Bass to Maximum
    Set Treble to Minimum
    Press Index (on the remote) and Down (on the TV) at the same time

You can move through the menus and change values using the FastText buttons.

Write down all values before you start!

I tried this on my parents' Panasonic TX-W28R4DP and it works on that too. These sets are not from the same year, so I'm guessing this will work on a wide range of Panasonic sets.