Panasonic TX23LXD60 power question

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by alex812, Jan 22, 2008.

1. alex812

alex812
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have power fault on this TV that’s random and hugely intermittent – failures spaced between 2 and 4 weeks. The TV power just clicks off no apparent reason. Sometimes the TV will work again by just removing and reconnecting mains, occasionally not. Already been back to workshop for soak test but nothing found.

Anyway, it’s gone again and the usual trick of mains off/on hasn’t worked. However, I also have the 32” equivalent Panasonic in my living room. On this there is a red indicator when the set is on standby. Switch power on with the remote control, and the indicator flashes then changes to green.

On the 23” TV it’s different – the indicator is orange on standby. As per the 32” set it flashes when power is switched on via the remote, but then just goes off when the TV is running. Only a marginal difference between the two TVs but I’m desperately casting around trying to give the service guys something tangible to work on. It occurs to me that it’s odd that Panasonic use a twin colour indicator on the 32” model, but not on the 23” model.

Any Panasonic TX23LXD60 owner who can describe what happens to the power indicator? Not covered in the manual.

Alex