Panasonic TX PL-30

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by jerkyboy, Jan 29, 2002.

Tags:
  1. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my new TX PL 30 television, very pleased with it. great picture, perfect geometry, cant really fault it.

However I am getting noise from the speakers which sounds like the channel is not tuned in , but the picure is perfect. I turn the volume off, its silent. Turn volume up just one click and the noise starts.

Anyone else experienced this, if so any ideas on how to stop it.

I'm not to worried, as its obvioulsy under garantee, but if its a simple fix, that would be nice.

Dispite this, I do not hesitate to recommend this TV, it blows the 36" Phillips (that I returned faulty) out of the water.

2. PND

PND
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a TX32PB50 and I experience the same thing... all is quiet until you set the volume up one click from mute... it's like a constant hissing noise..

I am not sure if this is a 'characteristic' or whether it is a fault..

I look forward to hearing from anyone else with advice/fix..

Do we need an engineer to visit?

3. DPJT78

DPJT78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I own a Philips 32pw6515 and I have similar problem : when the sound is very low, I can ear a noise coming from the speakers.

this noise depends on the picture displayed on the screen : the more it's a bright one, the more the noise is present.

It seems to be a problem of interference caused by the High Voltage of the tube combined to a poor shielding of speakers wires (this problem is known by Philips who corrected it with better sielding on its last serials).

Maybe Panasonic TVs have the same problem ?

Bye.