For Sale Panasonic TX-P65ST50 3D 65" Plasma

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by db950, Apr 3, 2017.

1. db950

db950

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Bought in November 2012 for £2350 and has been wall mounted ever since.

In all round excellent condition with no screen burn or dead pixels.

Brilliant full HD picture, comes with pedestal stand, remote control, power lead and 2 pairs of 3D glasses (never used!)

Glasses are: Panasonic TY-ER3D4MA (may need new batteries)

Viewing welcome.
    Sure it had the 5 year warranty from Panasonic but can't find any details of it at the moment so please take it that it doesn't currently have any warranty.

IMG_7409.JPG IMG_7404.JPG IMG_7408.JPG IMG_7399.JPG IMG_7406.JPG

Price and currency: £600 ono
    Delivery: Goods must be exchanged in person
    Payment method: Cash on collection
    Advertised elsewhere?: Advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I prefer the goods to be collected

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. SonOfSJ

SonOfSJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,131
    Hello db950. I might be interested in this if it had these two things as well as the things that you have kindly listed:

1. The original remote control. I'm sorry to specify this, but I recently bought an identical item on eBay which didn't have the original remote control, so it came with a substitute remote - which stopped working after two weeks and so I had to get a replacement Panasonic control on eBay, which cost £31!
    2. If I were to proceed with this, I would need the television to be mounted on to its pedestal stand please, I trust that you have the relevant nuts and bolts?. Without the original box, which I presume is now missing, the television is easier to transport if it is on its (original, I presume) pedestal stand.

As I'm in Edinburgh, I'd have to investigate the courier cost of transport from Lincoln to Edinburgh. Are you actually in the city of Lincoln or in the surrounding area?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  3. SonOfSJ

SonOfSJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,131
    Sorry, I forgot to add - do you have any padding to put around the television? Failing that, I would have to invest in a duvet for a single bed that could be sellotaped around the television .....

4. db950

db950

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Hi there SonOfSJ.
    Yes indeed it is the original remote control for the tv which actually hasn't been used much at all as we use the sky remote!
    It has been removed off the wall now and is already on its original stand with the correct screws originally supplied.
    I could certainly wrap it up for you with bubble wrap and duvet/blankets.
    I'm on holiday next week (at home) if that helps with arranging a courier.
    Thanks.

5. SonOfSJ

SonOfSJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,131
    Thank you db950, I have just emailed the same courier that I used for the earlier 65ST50. That was from Shaw near Oldham, so I'm just waiting to see what the courier quotes from Lincoln. I'm glad that you have the original remote control and could cobble together some padding so that it doesn't get damaged in the van!
    If you do ever lay your hands on the paperwork or electronic receipt for the 5-year warranty, that would be good, but if not, ah well.
    Lastly, now that you have removed it from the wall, please could you take a photograph of the back of the set, showing the model number and the serial number please?

6. db950

db950

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    My apologies, I forgot about the last question!
    I'm actually 10 miles north of Lincoln, if you require a postcode I could PM you one.
    I'll have another look for the warranty docs, I have the original receipt you can view.
    I'll take some photos when I get back home later for you, no problem!

7. db950

db950

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    @SonOfSJ
    Here's some photos for you...

IMG_7465.JPG

Remote, glasses and cable accessories,
    IMG_7467.JPG

Original stand,
    IMG_7469.JPG
    IMG_7468.JPG

8. SonOfSJ

SonOfSJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,131
    Ah, tremendous, and the second photo, showing the accessories (including the Scart adapter!!), is everything that my little heart could desire.

I'm just waiting to hear from my courier, maybe he's too busy driving to check his emails, but I think that you and I have a deal.

9. db950

db950

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Many thanks indeed, I'll wait to hear from you once you've heard back from your courier.
    In the mean time I'll collate some packaging materials!!

10. SonOfSJ

SonOfSJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,131
    Wey-hey, I've just heard back from my courier and, as Leslie Crowther and Bruce Forsyth used to say, The Price is Right (£80). The only date that he can manage to collect the television is Tuesday 11th, probably in the afternoon, so I really hope that you don't decide to take a day trip to Scarborough on that date! Could I press you to maybe help the courier in carrying the television to his van please? Bearing in mind that you are kindly providing bubble wrap and duvet/blankets, I'm happy to pay your full asking price of £600. (The other Panasonic 65ST50 that I bought on eBay in January, I won the auction at £591, but then I had to pay extra for padding and it didn't have the range of accessories that you are kindly giving here, and the courier was more expensive also, so this is a better deal all round!!) How can I pay? I gather that we have to exchange names and addresses and landline telephone numbers on PM ... Lastly, when the television and accessories are all padded up, could you maybe take a last photograph of please.

Go to PM now?

11. db950

db950

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    This sounds perfect @SonOfSJ
    We will exchange details by pm now.
    Tuesday afternoon is fine with me, I'll gladly help him carry it!
    More photos is no issue with me, as many as you like.
    Payment by bank transfer would be ideal.

PM inbound

12. db950

db950

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Update.....

Payment received, TV wrapped up all nice and cosy and collected by the buyers courier on 11/04/17
    Many thanks SonOfSJ, been a pleasure dealing with you!
    IMG_7496.JPG

13. SonOfSJ

SonOfSJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,131
    And you too, Sir. It will be delivered sometime tomorrow (Thursday) morning, so I'm eagerly looking forward to switching it on. My friend Laura has somehow got it into her head that I'm giving her my old Pioneer PDP-428XD plasma television, which is now redundant and in my bedroom. This Panasonic is better in almost every way, so I do hope that she'll be pleased!

14. db950

db950

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I think she'll be shocked and very pleased when she sees this one then!

15. SonOfSJ

SonOfSJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,131
    Hello db950, the television was duly delivered on Thursday 13th April to my friend Laura, whose previous set (again from me!) was an LG 47LW550T, five years ago in February 2012, and was reviewed here LG 47LW550T review - Televisions. Though it was never calibrated and in fact was set on Game mode, I always thought that the LG was quite a decent television whenever I visited Laura. As I said in post #13, Laura somehow got it into her head that she'd be getting my old 42" Pioneer PDP 428XD, so she was quite surprised when the two men from the courier staggered down the stairs carrying your old 65" Panasonic! The courier men remarked on how well the television had been packaged, with the sellotape-strapped duvet enclosing two layers of bubble wrap which were immediately next to the television. And upon being switched on, the television even worked, boom-boom! With all the packaging, I think that I got fantastic value for the £6:06 extra that I paid over the asking price, not to mention all the accessories - paper manual, 3D glasses, Scart adapter, etc. really comprehensive, certainly a vast improvement on the accessories supplied with the identical set on eBay in January this year. Laura seems very pleased with the set so far - unfortunately I didn't have time to play my Spears and Munsil calibration disc, but will do so sometime next week. This is a bad mobile-phone photograph of dear Laura with the television. Even her daughter later remarked on the size increase over the 47" LG, which will now go into Laura's bedroom.

db950, I'd like to salute an absolutely first-class experience with you in the sale of this Panasonic 65ST50 plasma. It could not have gone better. Maybe one day your and your wife will visit Edinburgh, and Laura won't mind showing you what's become of your old television. Very many thanks once again. upload_2017-4-14_2-48-32.jpeg

16. db950

db950

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Hi there SonOfSJ.
    I'm very glad the TV made it to you safely and Laura is happy with it!
    I'm sure she'll get many years of viewing pleasure out of it.
    If we ever find ourselves in Edinburgh we'll be sure to visit Laura and say hi!!
    Many thanks to you to, you made it a very nice and smooth sale.

I'll archive this ad now if you don't mind, please don't hesitate to pm me if you need to ask anything. Best regards db950

17. SonOfSJ

SonOfSJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,131
    The last comment to make about your television is that it is so good that even Laura's normally hyperactive four-year-old Yorkshire Terrier, Lily, was sufficiently fascinated by this larger and better television that she stopped moving for long enough not to blur in the ancient mobile phone photograph in post #15! You can see the top and back of Lily's reddish-haired head (she was sitting on the sofa, which is out of picture) just above the bottom edge of the photograph, pretty much dead centre.

And, I've just spoken to Laura, one whole day later, the television is still working!! :clap:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  18. db950

db950

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Great news, glad it calmed the dog down and it's still working fine:D
    Thanks again.