Question Panasonic tx-p50x60b issues with arc and soundbar, help please

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by anthony evs, Mar 14, 2017.

1. anthony evs

anthony evs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    hi all,

a frustrating one for you here.

Got hold of a soundbar for my dad, hes getting hard of hearing and by increasing volume on the tv speaker distorts the audio so it becomes hard to understand the speech.

so, I thought id get him a soundbar so it would give a richer fuller sound at a lower volume level, well, at least that was the theory.
    Went with arc soundbar so it would switch on and off automatically and the volume can be controlled with the tv remote, so no additional controls required and easier for him to live with.

The tv only has 2 hdmi ports. The config before I started was sat receiver in hdmi 1 and sky receiver in hdmi2. (sat receiver in hdmi 1 is hobbyist receiver / kodi )

The Panasonic tv arc out is on hdmi2. unplugged the sky receiver and plugged in the soundbar to hdmi 2. No joy, switched tv on / off plus soundbar repeatedly, it wasn't going to work. Tried to access the viera link menu to activate home teatre, no access message.

Tried everything, spent nearly 2 hours on it.

Eventually, umplugged the hdmi1 cable form the tv, the soundbar sprung into life, odd. plugged back in the receiver into hdmi 1 soundbar stopped.

So, thers an issue with arc out when theres another device plugged into hdmi1 port, anyone seen this before, is there a set up to eliminate this, or is the tv possible faulty where the hdmi ports are conflicting against eachother, but with no arc device, both hdmi ports work ok.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Anthony.

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,098
    Have you tried something other than the SAT/Kodi device plugged into HDMI1 like the Sky box and did it give the same problem ?

If the Sky box works on port 1, I would try turning off HDMI-CEC support in Kodi settings and see what happens.

3. anthony evs

anthony evs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi, as soon as both devices were plugged into hdmi 1 the soundbar stopped working on hdmi2. Might try different hdmi cables perhaps.
    Any other things you might try

4. chipray

chipray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    My soundbar hates Sky boxes. All work fine together if an adapter blocking CEC is placed between the Sky box and the TV. Costs about a tenner from Amazon and is called Lindy 41232.

5. AndyRg4

AndyRg4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    You can turn HDMI control off on Sky boxes negating the need for a blocker now