Quantcast

Panasonic TX-P50VT30; screen offset problem?

cozzie4d

Standard Member
Hi all,

Today I installed my P50VT30, first experiences on image quality are very positive.

Although I have something strange, the image starts about 5cm from the left of the effective part of the screen. In the setup menu a part of the text is missing on the left side, I restorend to factory settings and went through all setup options but can't get it covered. From a user point of view it looks like the first 5cm (horizontal) of the screen are not used/ active.
I tried all aspect ratio's but since the menu (from initial setup on) also shows the same problem, I think it's not the aspect ratio (in all ratio's the same around 5cm are black/ unused).

Here are some pictures: http://www.sierracosworth.nl/img/tx-p50vt30/

Does someone recognise this problem?

regards,
Cris
(Netherlands)

Last edited:

Paul D

Other than a fault, the only thing i can think of is that the "Orbiter" option is selected.
This shifts the image around a small amount to avoid screen burn from static images etc...

slc79

Hi all,

Today I installed my P50VT30, first experiences on image quality are very positive.

Although I have something strange, the image starts about 5cm from the left of the effective part of the screen. In the setup menu a part of the text is missing on the left side, I restorend to factory settings and went through all setup options but can't get it covered. From a user point of view it looks like the first 5cm (horizontal) of the screen are not used/ active.
I tried all aspect ratio's but since the menu (from initial setup on) also shows the same problem, I think it's not the aspect ratio (in all ratio's the same around 5cm are black/ unused).

Here are some pictures: Index of /img/tx-p50vt30

Does someone recognise this problem?

regards,
Cris
(Netherlands)
Defective unit. Get a return/service. There's nothing you can do about this yourself.

cozzie4d

Standard Member
Thanks guys. It was indeed a defect panel, got a new one right away,all good now.
Great panel btw

Thanks for the replies

Top Bottom