• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TX P50V20BA

BAVC10

Standard Member
I had a 50V20B TV swapped out (due to loud buzzing) over the weekend and replaced by a 50V20BA. Does anyone know what the difference is with thie BA model please?

Hoping to install later today.

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
No discernible difference just a change in some component board/s :)

paulr2006

Distinguished Member

BAVC10

Standard Member
This TV is much quieter than the V20 which was swapped out - even on a bright white background. There is still a discernable noise but you now have to stand next to the TV to hear it rather than hear it by default from anywhere in the room.

Paul2006 - thanks for info - is it possible the board that has been replaced in the BA version is due address the buzzing issue as everything else seems identical.

The TV shipped with 2.504

Last edited:

BAVC10

Standard Member
A quick check of the manual shows no difference in specification or operation so it would seem to confirm the internal component board changes.

There doesn't seem to be any mention of firmware 2.504 anywhere but 2.505 seems to be the release available on Panasonic's own site.

Has anyone noticed an improvement with 2.702 firmware?

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
This TV is much quieter than the V20 which was swapped out - even on a bright white background. There is still a discernable noise but you now have to stand next to the TV to hear it rather than hear it by default from anywhere in the room.

Paul2006 - thanks for info - is it possible the board that has been replaced in the BA version is due address the buzzing issue as everything else seems identical.

The TV shipped with 2.504

I suspect it's the power supply board which has changed but to be honest it's guesswork, all I know is that the BA signifies some change of components, maybe Alsina knows? :)

mlhifi

Standard Member
A quick check of the manual shows no difference in specification or operation so it would seem to confirm the internal component board changes.

There doesn't seem to be any mention of firmware 2.504 anywhere but 2.505 seems to be the release available on Panasonic's own site.

Has anyone noticed an improvement with 2.702 firmware?

I have the TX-P50S20B and I don't know if I'm fooling myself but, since the update to 2.702, the SD picture seems better!
BUT if you check out the Panasonic Global website for this update, you will note it quotes the only thing addressed is "Update freesat BBC iplayer"... well, that's interesting, because my TV does NOT have Freesat!!!

Pugs1

Prominent Member
I have the TX-P50S20B and I don't know if I'm fooling myself but, since the update to 2.702, the SD picture seems better!
BUT if you check out the Panasonic Global website for this update, you will note it quotes the only thing addressed is "Update freesat BBC iplayer"... well, that's interesting, because my TV does NOT have Freesat!!!

I have thought that to with SD!

Your TV does have freesat, you just don't use it but it will still apply the patch:smashin:

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
You've confused me... my TV has Freeview, not Freesat, unless you know something I don't :)

As far as I'm aware your set does not have Freesat?

mlhifi

Standard Member
As far as I'm aware your set does not have Freesat?

The S20B is Freeview only; that's why I was curious about the firmware update aimed at Freesat users!
So, given that this update IS for my TV, what does it do apart from the iPlayer on freesat?
Curiouser and curiouser!:confused:

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
The S20B is Freeview only; that's why I was curious about the firmware update aimed at Freesat users!
So, given that this update IS for my TV, what does it do apart from the iPlayer on freesat?
Curiouser and curiouser!:confused:

Of course Panasonic only tell us what they want us to know ;) but it might simply be that they want to keep the FW Numbers the same for all models & the FW does nothing on the S20B :)

Pugs1

Prominent Member
You've confused me... my TV has Freeview, not Freesat, unless you know something I don't :)

oops sorry, thought you had a V20 not S20, my mistake:blush:

mlhifi

Standard Member
Of course Panasonic only tell us what they want us to know ;) but it might simply be that they want to keep the FW Numbers the same for all models & the FW does nothing on the S20B :)

Yes very possible :) I did mention above that I "thought" my SD looked better after the update, but it is possible I'm fooling myself. The mind is an amazing thing.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom