Panasonic TX-P50V10 and Panasonic SC-BT200EB Home Cinema combo

dazsmith69

Hi,

Im currently looking for a new TV and home cinema system.

Ive been looking through the forum for months now and doing my research. I was wondering if the above would make a good combo and interface well? I looking for great DVD upscaling as i have a lot of dvds, but will buy bluray once i get my player, great SD upscaling (not pixilated or jerky) and some gaming, but not alot. I also would like a real life view experience, not this weird, dont look real 'look' that ive seen about.

I know the tv and home thetre system have great reviews, and i was wondering if anyone had both of these together and how well they worked.

Thanks Darren

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Im currently looking for a new TV and home cinema system.

Ive been looking through the forum for months now and doing my research. I was wondering if the above would make a good combo and interface well? I looking for great DVD upscaling as i have a lot of dvds, but will buy bluray once i get my player, great SD upscaling (not pixilated or jerky) and some gaming, but not alot. I also would like a real life view experience, not this weird, dont look real 'look' that ive seen about.

I know the tv and home thetre system have great reviews, and i was wondering if anyone had both of these together and how well they worked.

Thanks Darren

Hi Darren

Myself and my parents have this setup and are very pleased. You wont be disappointed. Regards the SD upscaling my parents watch Titanic on DVD and said the PQ was excellent. I only watch BD so I can't comment on the SD upscaling. Hope this helps.

Baz

dazsmith69

ive benn able to compare the v10 with LCD's in the shop at the weekend and have noticed that the LCD's appear sharper than the plasmas, and this is with the same feed coming to all the TV's. Is this due to the mega contrasts of the LCD's?

I know LCD's have the showroom mode turned up, but surely Plasmas have the same to 'wow' the customers?

Pretty set on a V10 but theres something holding me back saying what if i got a Sony z5500 or a samsung 8000 series, as all have apparant 'flaws'

thanks Darren

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
ive benn able to compare the v10 with LCD's in the shop at the weekend and have noticed that the LCD's appear sharper than the plasmas, and this is with the same feed coming to all the TV's. Is this due to the mega contrasts of the LCD's?

I know LCD's have the showroom mode turned up, but surely Plasmas have the same to 'wow' the customers?

Pretty set on a V10 but theres something holding me back saying what if i got a Sony z5500 or a samsung 8000 series, as all have apparant 'flaws'

thanks Darren

The G10/V10 has a Dynamic contrast Ratio of 2,000,000:1 but a "Real" CR of 40,000:1 so I think it is fair to say it's nothing to do with contrast :D this is a regular question regarding the sharpness of LCD compared to plasma & something which almost stopped me buying a V10! however you just need to appreciate that it's simply a different type of picture; softer & more natural, all the detail is there it's simply softer. Also as many will tell you; plasmas do not display well in stores, I found this difficult to comprehend but I can assure you it is fact & they look much better in the home environment, You will not be disappointed with a V10 :)

toodeep

Human vision has a non-linear response to brightness, and so we don't perceive just how very bright are the lights in high street shops/edge of town metal sheds. Going shopping in such a place tells you little/nothing about how your new TV will perform at home.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom