Panasonic TX-P50UT50B issues/advice

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Grieva, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Grieva

Grieva
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

New to this site :)

Basically I need some advice from people who know more about plasmas then I do!

I bought the above mentioned TV about 3 months ago after having a 40" LCD for about 8 years (still got it now, in the bedroom). The new plasma looks lovely, much nicer bezel than my dated looking LCD. But, I have 2 issues with it which I'm not sure are normal for plasmas or if I have a faulty set... Here are the issues;

Issue 1: It buzzes... Not all the time, it's a gradual thing that's determined by how much 'white' or bright colours are on the screen. For example, I connect my PC to the TV, my desktop image is just plain black, no buzzing at all. Then if I open a minimised Internet bowser with Google (mostly white content) there'll be a slight buzz, it's also effected by where the browser 'box' is on the screen. The more central the more buzz. But the main issue though is if I then maximise the box, the buzzing then gets massively more noticeable, to the point I have to put music on to mask it. It's a weird 'directional' noise as well, if I go stand 3ft to the left for example the noise level changes. Best way to describe it is like a 'beam' of sound. It isn't just with white Internet sites though, TV shows, movies etc all have the same issue.

Issue 2: Again it is to do with whiteness on the screen. This ones easy to explain, basically is it normal for white/bright levels on the screen to be dulled the more whiteness that's there? For example if I'm connected to my PC, plain black background with a few desktop icons, the icons are bright and vibrant. Then if I open a minimised browser with white content the icons dull slightly. They dull more as I expand the size of the box. And if I maximise the browser the white/bright level that was in the browser dulls significantly.

Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated !

Regards,
    Phil

2. Brava 210

Brava 210

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    They all do it, I had three ut50's and they all buzzed the same