Panasonic TX-P50UT30B owners views

davieg1

Hi I see that currys have this tv on sale for £699 with 2 pairs of 3d glasses.

PANASONIC VIERA TX-P50UT30B 50" Full HD Plasma 3D TV buy online | Currys

Now I was / am leaning towards buying an LG 47" passive 3d tv , but in the back of my mind is the thought that the 2d picture wont be as good as my current 46" panny plasma, so if I bought this I would A still have a panasonic plasma tv, B increase tv size at same time, and C Get 3d tv

Could I get opinions from people on this forum that own this tv please

The £100 off deal finishes on Monday night

vezna

I have the 42" version of that tv. The most remarkable thing about if for me is the 2d to 3d button. Basically I press it and it gives whatever I'm watching some incredible depth. It's certainly not full 3d by any stretch of the imagination but I've found it excellent on the Xbox 360 games Skyrim & FIFA 12 and some Sky Sports HD content.

I've tried out proper 3d content via 3d blu rays, PS3 and Virgin Media's on demand 3d section. All work very well and as you know the inky blacks on the plasma are very good, lending themselves well to the 3d image. I got the latest version of the Panasonic glasses free with the tv at Currys and they are remarkably light, coming in at 26g. At first I thought they where flimsy but in hindsight it was just me being shocked at how light they where.

The tv has two USB ports on it and it plays mkv's no problem from a hard drive etc.

You'll need help assembling the 50" version. I just about got away with getting the 42" onto the supplied stand by myself. Mine also weighed 32 Kg so obviously the bigger version is going to be heavy.

1nternet

Novice Member
I've noticed this too and am VERY tempted to get it today to replace my th42px80b.

Can't find any reviews though. Does anyone know of any? I want to identify how this compares to the Samsung ps51d550.

Anyone have any thoughts?

davieg1

I've noticed this too and am VERY tempted to get it today to replace my th42px80b.

Can't find any reviews though. Does anyone know of any? I want to identify how this compares to the Samsung ps51d550.

If you click currys link you will see reviews on reevoo link just under buy or reserve link, I see that someone on that link bought tv on 18th Oct and did not get any glasses at all, but there are 2 pairs now

deblee

Novice Member

Had the 42" version and tbh it was very good, look on the plasma forum for owners reviews
Only issues I had were a faint vertical lines (obvious during panning on football) and a 3D bug whereby when watching normal TV for extended periods the TV would suddenly switch to 3D mode and then back to 2D:(
I could replicate this by using break in slides and when a certain colour/brightness came on screen the TV would switch to 3D
Seems the St30 I have now got does the same thing:rolleyes:
Really liked the UT30 and it compares favourable to the ST30 (contrast is better on the St30 but it has fans:() so unless you need a good A/R filter (the St30 is very good at holding the picture with lights on) then the UT30 is a good option IMO

Stevie G

Hi guys. I know this is an old thread but my sister has one of these TVs and I'm trying to help her set it up. It has this Viera smart TV thing in it, but we can't work out how to get Netflix on it - is that possible with this TV?

It's not one of the listed apps, but when we try to log in to the market places the TV it asks for the username and password, but there's no way to actually create one, and they've never created one, or no way to change the password.

I've Looked in the manual and there's nothing about how to create one, and googling only says to do it through the TVs app.

Any ideas how to do this?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom