• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PANASONIC TX-P50U20B or LG 50PK350?

HD Monkey

Established Member
Interested to have some opinions on these two models please.

Two days before the world cup, my two year old destroyed my Sony 40" LCD with a toy :mad:

It's covered by insurance, and assuming the insurance approved person (from Comet Services) who is coming round today says it can't be repaired, then I'll be looking for a new one.

These are the two sets I've been looking at - either way I have to get a new TV from Comet as they are the insurance appointed dealer.

PANASONIC TX-P50U20B or LG 50PK350?

First off, plasmas are regarded as being better the larger you go - and I watch loads of football so the plasma should be better for a more instant picture rather than the motion issues with LCD.

The LG has "600Hz Sub-field" and the Panny has 400Hz.

So, is the panny better on the basis that the LG isn't a "true 600Hz", but the Panny is a true 400Hz?

My Sony was only 50Hz so I'm determined not to have a 50Hz again.

Depending what the insurance pay us (it's not new for old) the budget is about £700 tops as we'll have to add a couple of hundred to what they give us probably.

Any help much appreciated from anyone who knows about/owns these sets.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom