Panasonic TX-P50GT60 Reviewer's Recommended Best Settings

Steve Withers

Distinguished Member
Disclaimer: The settings below are supplied for information purposes only. We make no guarantee that using the adjustments below will improve your TV's picture, they may even make it look worse. Every TV, even from the same manufacturer and model number will vary, as will the environment the TV is used in. For further information on how to set up your TV, please follow the steps in our Picture Perfect campaign.

To find a professional calibrator near you, see our Custom Installer and Calibrator Directory.

You can read the review here: Panasonic TX-P50GT60 review

Viewing Mode: Professional2
Contrast: 80
Brightness: 0
Colour: 50
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0
Colour Temperature: Warm
Vivid Colour: Off
Colour Remaster: Off
Reversal Film Effect: Off
Ambient Sensor: Off
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Remaster: Off
Resolution Master: Off
Caption Smoother: Off
Brilliance Enhancer: Off
Intelligent Frame Creation/24p Smooth Film: Off
Advanced Settings
Panel Luminance Setting: Mid
Adaptive Gamma Control: 0
Blac Expander: 0
Colour Gamut: Rec. 709
White Balance 2-Point: Red Gain 6, Green Gain 2, Blue Gain 0, Red Cutoff 1, Green Cutoff -5, Blue Cutoff -2
White Balance 10-Point: 10 R-10/G-10/B10, 20 R6/G-10/B-9, 30 R0/G1/B1, 40 R2/G-2/B3, 50 R-1/G-5/B3, 60 R3/G-2/B0, 70 R-6/G1/B3, 80 R0/G0/B3, 90 R-10/G0/B10, 100 R-10/G-5/B4
Colour Management: Red Hue -4, Saturation 0, Luminance -15, Green Hue 0, Saturation -4, Luminance -3, Blue Hue -5, Saturation 0, Luminance -11, Cyan Hue 0, Saturation 0, Luminance 2, Magenta Hue 0, Saturation 0, Luminance -2, Yellow Hue -4, Saturation 0, Luminance 9
Gamma: 2.2
Gamma Detailed: 10 -20, 20 -10, 30 -5, 40 -2, 50 0, 60 0, 70 -2, 80 0, 90 0, 100 0
Option Settings
Game Mode: Off
Film Cadence Mode: On
1080p Pure Direct: On
Screen Settings
16/9 Overscan: Off
Side Panel: High
Pixel Orbiter: On

Last edited:

choirboy

Brightness 0?? Huh? :confused:

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
Brightness 0??? Huh? :confused:

Not certain of the exact numbers, but brightness goes from something like -50 to +50, so 0 = the midpoint.

displayimage.php

choirboy

Ahh I see. 0 is mid point now. Used to be 30. Thank you.

beadlesabout

MahaRaja said:
Is this for Daytime or nightime setting? '1080p pure direct' don't understand why this is off.

I too would like some clarification on the 1080p pure direct thing. On the 2012 range it was said to leave it enabled as it either helped or did no harm. This time around I've read it messes around with sharpness?

choirboy

I too would like some clarification on the 1080p pure direct thing. On the 2012 range it was said to leave it enabled as it either helped or did no harm. This time around I've read it messes around with sharpness?

Me too!

Steve Withers

Distinguished Member
Since you're unlikely to actually be using a 4:4:4 signal and since it appears that this year the 1080p Pure Direct is adversely affecting the image, I would recommend just leaving it off.

choirboy

Since you're unlikely to actually be using a 4:4:4 signal and since it appears that this year the 1080p Pure Direct is adversely affecting the image, I would recommend just leaving it off.

Sorry where is this covered in the review please Steve?

Obafemi Martins

its strange how the gt this year is taking longer to come out than the vt,i can afford the vt but do you think its worth the increase in price,i viewed the vt the other day and it looked really nice and i was tempted,but im not sure what to do,i know you didnt review the vt but what do you think.

Last edited:

Steve Withers

Distinguished Member
Well assuming you don't want a larger screen size or any of the extra features found on the VT65, I'd probably just go for the GT60 myself.

Obafemi Martins

Well assuming you don't want a larger screen size or any of the extra features found on the VT65, I'd probably just go for the GT60 myself.
i will be getting a 50 inch screen,but i was wanting to know if the picture quality is that much better on the vt and if the out of box settings are better on the vt,as i dont plan on getting a calibration done.

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
i will be getting a 50 inch screen,but i was wanting to know if the picture quality is that much better on the vt and if the out of box settings are better on the vt,as i dont plan on getting a calibration done.
Thanks for asking the question.
A 50" is the right size for me too.
The better filter on the VT is attractive, but looking at Mark's video, it seems really reflective. I could clearly see his curtains on screen :D
I have the same problem with my LCD now. Blacks are excellent in daylight, but I can't see anything in them because of the reflections, so the benefit is lost. The GT is, I think, less glossy which should help, though I expect it to wash out more.
At night, unless the 2 were side by side, I suspect my non expert eyes will not be able to tell the difference between a VT and GT, so subject to a demo and no faults appearing as owners report back, I think the £500 cheaper GT is the way to go.

Obafemi Martins

Thanks for asking the question.
A 50" is the right size for me too.
The better filter on the VT is attractive, but looking at Mark's video, it seems really reflective. I could clearly see his curtains on screen :D
I have the same problem with my LCD now. Blacks are excellent in daylight, but I can't see anything in them because of the reflections, so the benefit is lost. The GT is, I think, less glossy which should help, though I expect it to wash out more.
At night, unless the 2 were side by side, I suspect my non expert eyes will not be able to tell the difference between a VT and GT, so subject to a demo and no faults appearing as owners report back, I think the £500 cheaper GT is the way to go.
the thing is i can buy a vt today,but the gt isnt out for another week or so,i have the money but not sure if its worth it or not ,but if the picture quality was much better i would want to get the vt.

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
The question is, if you bought a GT, would you sit there wondering if the VT would have been better?
If the answer is yes go and get a VT, then you have the best available at this size.

Obafemi Martins

The question is, if you bought a GT, would you sit there wondering if the VT would have been better?
If the answer is yes go and get a VT, then you have the best available at this size.
i had a st50 for about six months,so i think i would be happy with the gt,but its still a hard choice to make.

Badgerstuta

Just taken delivery of a GT60 and using the settings in post 1. Just one issue I can't alter the 1080p pure direct setting to on. It's greyed out and won't let me change it. Any ideas ?

Brava 210

I don't think it will show if you are using the inbuilt freeview.

Badgerstuta

I'm watching sky hd via the hdmi 1 input

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Disney+ confirms price increases coming in December
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published