Panasonic TX-P46G10B plasma + DMR-EX87EB PVR recording question

Kes

Standard Member
Hi, first time poster, I recently installed a satellite dish to take advantage of the hd reature on my Panasonic G10 series TV, and I want to record programmes from freesat while I'm out, the freesat reciever is built into the TV.

I have a Panasonic DMR-EX87EB DVD-RAM/PVR with freeview reciever inbuilt, and before I installed my satellite dish, was my primary reciver. Now according to the TV's manual, it is possible to record freesat onto the PVR, so far I have been unsuccesful and I was wondering if anyone has had any success, I have read both manuals, the manual for the DVD/PVR sais it can record off satellite recivers.

The TV is connected to the DVD/PVR with a HDMI cable

Cheers in advance

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi, first time poster, I recently installed a satellite dish to take advantage of the hd reature on my Panasonic G10 series TV, and I want to record programmes from freesat while I'm out, the freesat reciever is built into the TV.

I have a Panasonic DMR-EX87EB DVD-RAM/PVR with freeview reciever inbuilt, and before I installed my satellite dish, was my primary reciver. Now according to the TV's manual, it is possible to record freesat onto the PVR, so far I have been unsuccesful and I was wondering if anyone has had any success, I have read both manuals, the manual for the DVD/PVR sais it can record off satellite recivers.

The TV is connected to the DVD/PVR with a HDMI cable

Cheers in advance

Welcome to the forum.

When referring to recording from satellite receivers it really means external receiver boxes.

Some kind of limited recording is possible, but not of the kind where you can programme to record from the TV's satellite tuner when you are out.

As the tuner is in the TV, the TV needs to be on to perform this task.

You will need to connect a fully wired scart between AV1 of the recorder and AV2 of the TV.... then follow guidance on page 58 on the TV manual about Q link/ viera link features which will permit you to perform direct TV recording.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom