• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TX-P46G10 - PC HDMI input problem

JamesMcBride

Standard Member
I bought a TX-P46G10 just over a year ago and have generally been really impressed with it. A few weeks ago the graphics card in my HTPC died - when I replaced it, it seemed that whenever the output of the screen is bright, it kind of refreshes - almost like it is re-negotiating. I have tried a variety of different cards and seem to be experiencing this on most of them. I am running 1080p @60hz into it and have tried it on all 3 HDMI inputs.

Has anyone else experienced these problems or have any suggestions as to what fix this?

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
I have no experience of PC's with TV's but what happens if you run [email protected]

paulr2006

Distinguished Member

JamesMcBride

Standard Member
Cool, thanks for the advice :)

I am actually begining to think it might be the cables i'm using. I know there shouldn't be any difference between cheapo ones and expensive ones, but I tried adding some suppression chokes to the cable and it seems better. I'll see how it goes for a week and if it is better i'll invest in new cables.

Azuse

Standard Member
Over short distance there shouldn't be any difference in PQ however, not all cheap ones are fully wired (cost cutting) which is why people still buy more expensive ones.

JamesMcBride

Standard Member
well I got myself a new HDMI cable - nothing super fancy, just a pureAV one - and it's much worse - I have a video as an example http://www.jamesmcbride.f2s.com/100_0838.MOV

with the original cable it does this, but nothing like as often (maybe once or twice an hour). I have tried routing the cable away from any power cables etc without any luck. Does seem really odd though.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom